Did he play fullback for Souths?

No  - he is well known for ' blowing ' off questions. lol

Thank you for the answer... my friend.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Re: rest in peace

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

Never heard of either of them.

I hadn't either, but I rarely watch TV or see movies.  

Sometimes I watch Who wants to be a millionaire and OMG, I hate the movie star questions!

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

Never heard of either of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. With Marlene Clarke, you may remember her in Enter the Dragon as the secretary for Roper (played by John Saxon) at the golf course.  I forgeot that she played Caroline Newcliffe,  the wife of Tom Newcliffe (played by Calvin Lockhart) in The Beast Must Die, a 1974 Hammer Horror film that also starred Peter Cushing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Selected Jim Brown films

* 1964, Rio Conchos as Franklin
Also stars Richard Boone, Stuart Whitman and Athnony Franciosa

* 1967, The Dirty Dozen as Robert T. Jefferson
Also stars Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, Charles Bronson, Telly Savalas and John Cassavetes etc.

* 1968, The Dark of the Sun aka The Mercenaries as Ruffo
Also stars Rod Taylor, Yvette Mimieux and Kennethg Moore etc.

* 1968, Kenner as Roy Kenner
Also stars Madlyn Rhue and Robert Coote etc.

* 1968, Ice Station Zebra as Capt. Leslie Anders
Also stars Rock Hudson, Ernest Borgnine, Patrick McGoohan and Lloyd Nolan etc.

* 1968, The Split as McClain
Also stars Diahann Carroll, Ernest Borgnine, Gene Hackman, Jack Klugman, Julie Harris, Warren Oates an Donald Sutherland etc.

* 1969, 100 Rifles as Lyedecker
Also stars Raquel Welch, Burt Reynolds, Fernando Lamas

* 1969, Riot as Cully Briston
Also stars Gene Hackman, Gerald S. O'Loughlin., Mike Kellin and Ben Carruthers etc.

* 1970, El Condor as Luke
Also stars, Lee Van Cleef, Patrick O'Neal and Elisha Cook Jr.

* 1970, ...tick... tick... tick... as Jimmy Price
Also stars George Kennedy, Fredric March, Don Stroud

* 1972, Slaughter as Slaughter
Aso Stars Stella Stevens, Rip Torn, Cameron Mitchell, Don Gordon and Marlene Clark

* 1973, I Escaped from Devil's Island as Le Bras
Also stars Christopher George, Richard Ely, Richard Rust, Paul Richards and James Luisi etc.

* 1974, Three the Hard Way as Jimmy Lait
Also Stars Fred Williamson, Jim Kelly, Sheila Frazier and Alex Rocco

* 1987, The Running Man As Fireball
Also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Yaphet Kotto, Jessie Ventra etc.

* 1988, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka as Slammer
Also stars Keenen Ivory Wayans, Bernie Casey, Antonio Fargas, Steve James, Isaac Hayes, John Vernon and Clu Gulager

* 1989, L.A. Heat as Captain
Also stars Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, Kevin Benoton and John Henry Richardson

* 1996, Original Gangstas as Jake Trevor
Also stars Fred Williamson, Pam Grier, Richard Roundtree, Ron O'Neal, Robert Forster, Charles Napier, Wings Hauser etc.

* 1996, Mars Attacks! as Byron Williams
Also stars Jack Nicholson, Pierce Brosnan, Pam Grier and Tom Jones etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprising that he's not famliar to you. He had a stellar career in pro football and then acted in some major films. In some major films he was the main star.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Slaughter with Stella StevensSlaughter with Stella StevensEl Condor with Lee Van ClefEl Condor with Lee Van Clef

Mars Attacks with Tom JonesMars Attacks with Tom Jones

Some pics of Jim Brown

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Nope, still don't know who he is. I know of the Dirty Dozen, but the rest of the movies you listed a foreign to me. I guess I'm probably not old enough to know most of those movies.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Welcome back! Haven't seen you posting for a while.

What an interesting list! 

I am pretty sure I have seen The Dirty Dozen, but my problem is I rarely note who is in movies so I may know by sight, not by name.

I sometimes think I'd be wasted on the Hollywood tours as I'd be saying 'Who"' after each house.

Most of those sound like my kind of movies though. I've read several of the books. (Ice Station Zebra probably about 3 times)

I can see a post under this one with photos and he does look kind of familiar but I have to admit, I don't know any of the others with him either. 

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

Welcome back! Haven't seen you posting for a while.

What an interesting list! 

I am pretty sure I have seen The Dirty Dozen, but my problem is I rarely note who is in movies so I may know by sight, not by name.

I sometimes think I'd be wasted on the Hollywood tours as I'd be saying 'Who"' after each house.

Most of those sound like my kind of movies though. I've read several of the books. (Ice Station Zebra probably about 3 times)

I can see a post under this one with photos and he does look kind of familiar but I have to admit, I don't know any of the others with him either. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi springyzone, thanks for that. Yes, Ice Station Zebra is a good tale in movie form so I dare say it would be great in book. I'll get a copy one day.

Jim Brown's first role as the main star was in The Split. in '68. Prior to that, he had some great co-starring roles. Sadly Brown was in that era where "The Negro dies". He died in the 1964 film, Rio Conchos,  he died in The Dirty Dozen in '67 and died in Ice Station Zebra in '68.  Interestingly in The Dirty Dozen, (singer) Trini Lopez' character is killed off early on but that was due to his manager I believe wantiung him to get out and perform, not be tied up in a movie that had some delays.

In Canadian Bacon, The Black Guy Dies first is discussed and Brown's name mentioned.

In Riot 1969, Brown' character Cully Briston is the only survivor of the prison escapees and Gene Hackman's characer Red Fletcher dies.

Canadian Bacon (11/12) Movie CLIP - The Black Guy Always Dies (1995) HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdZi8K3PLs0

In Riot 1969, Brown' character Cully Briston is the only survivor of the prison escapees and Gene Hackman's characer Red Fletcher dies.

Cheers

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, Ice Station Zebra is a good tale in movie form so I dare say it would be great in book. I'll get a copy one day.

It's one of those Alistair MacLean books & his stories have dated. The main characters-if you ever saw the old series 5 million dollar man-well, they are all a bit like that (Over the top strong etc). And the women are always 1950s stereotypes, but once you work past all that the stories can be quite entertaining.

I always like good to triumph & in his books, it does.😁

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply