Firefox keeps Not Responding

Need some help

Firefox keeps Not Responding. has only been doing the past 2 weeks but no it is a point where I am ready to throw the laptop out the window lol

When it does it, sometimes the browser disappears and freezes the computer and then the browser comes back on the screen again

Google chrome works fine

Anyone know a solution to the Firefox problem? I use Trend Micro if that is of any good additional info

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Firefox keeps Not Responding

What version of FF are you using? I've got no problems with the latest version, so may upgrading will fix the problem.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I was having various issues with Firefox to on a regular basis too, so I switched to Chrome instead and I haven't looked back. Doesn't fix your problem but is another option.

The popup blocker actually works on Chrome as well.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hi , I have found at least the short term fix is to uninstall FF , then address possible viral / parasite infestations , application compatibility issues and system file problems

Arguably FF seems to have taken over the precious crown from MS Explorer browser

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Yes I have been having issues with the latest version to. So much so I opened IE to do some surfing, but quickly shut that down as it is still 5 times slower than FF. I Think I'd rather put up with the no responds thann the snail speed of IE.

Have you checked FF forums to see if it is widespread. I haven't bothered yet.

Good luck, hope you find a solution

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away, and you have their shoes too.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You could try updating your Firefox as others have suggested.. I have had the same problem and I think I fixed it by uninstalling Firefox and downloading the latest version..

I would reccomend you do a "Clean Reinstall"  this removes all settings and information (except for bookmarks I think)

Instructions here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply