wWhat happens if after refund buyer ignores cancellation request

I just want to get advice re a buyer who claimed non delivery of item sold for $16 + $5 postage. I offer postage with tracking but most buyers refuse to pay the extra.

The lady has waited for just over 2 weeks for the item which I think was far and reasonable of her.  In emails to me she has claimed that I am scamming her. 

Why she thinks I would scam her over the price of a charm that sold for $16 bewilders me when other I have sold for much more have arrived.

I have fully refunded her (this morning) via Paypal ($21), she keeps saying that this has never happened before and I get the impression that she is going to be very difficult about cancellation of transaction so that I can get refund from Ebay.

Why do I as a seller lose out on the price of the charm, cost of postage etc and then the fees.

I don't know what else I can do to make the buyer happy.

I know she still has time to agree to the cancellation but the lady just seems vindictive with the insinuations about the non arrival of her package.

UPDATE:  The lady has agreed to the cancellation so hopefully no negtive feedback will occur. 

View Entire Topic

Buyers don't pay extra for tracking. You should always include enough postage to cover cost of tracking. Tracking is to protect you against item not received disputes.

"Why do I as a seller lose out on the price of the charm, cost of postage etc and then the fees."

Because you can't prove the item was delivered.

In the future, protect yourself against such claims by adding enough postage to cover tracking and never ask buyers to pay extra.

I hope the buyer does agree to the cancellation and if the item should arrive, I hope she's honest enough to repay you.