150 FREE Listings: 10 JAN 2016 - 19 JAN 2016

Here's the link boys & girls: http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/2061

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: 150 FREE Listings: 10 JAN 2016 - 19 JAN 2016

all promo codes have a starting time/date and finishing not such in this one .......

I still stand on my statement ........

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

You still stand on your statement????

What does that mean?

The start and finish time is the thread title. It's working for me and at least 2 others.

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

As mentioned before, I dont normally get the 150 freebies posted on the forums to work, but this one came through for me. Yes it is dissapointing when you miss out, but those who do have success appreciate OP,s who take the time to post the links.

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

Will take your advice and try in a couple of days.  

And yes, the last 150 invitation only ones were 2664 and this one is 2061 .... seems odd, but it appears to be working for some.

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

what I would love to know - Who gets the free listings when it's invitation only?.  Is is big business only or Power sellers only. Is it Newbies or is it someone else. I never get them any more. They used to work on  a couple of accounts but never on all. Now I don't get them at all. I don't understand why it has changed.

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

what I would love to know - Who gets the free listings when it's invitation only?.  Is is big business only or Power sellers only. Is it Newbies or is it someone else. I never get them any more. They used to work on  a couple of accounts but never on all. Now I don't get them at all. I don't understand why it has changed.

These invitation only ones are random. My guess is eBay says to the computer "send the email to X members", so it randomly selects X members who then get the email and can use the promotion.

These invitation only ones are different from the other promotions that were coming out every month last year that anyone could use (non stores). Those ones you didn't need to get the email (although the last half of the year I got the email every time). It's anyone's guess whether those promotions will continue this year. They may just run these invitation only ones instead.

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

I doubt that there is any rhym or reason to it. My account does not get many of the free listings that are posted here, but does get the more general ones that most people get. The account is our private account that only uses the 40 monthly freebies, plus whatever I find here. It is a power seller and 100% pos feedback. It has a couple of defects for post time and item not as described, so not perfect. It achieves reasonable numbers of sales from the items listed. Basically nothing special or different to many others.

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

casbit33 wrote: _______________________________________

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never gotten it before but I think I know why I did this time.

I was selling a ton of stuff and stopped selling a week before Christmas to have a break. That was about 3 weeks ago. Then just as I was prepping to re-list ,out of the blue I got this offer. I assumed it was because I had stopped selling and that it was a form of inducement from eBay. 

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

I doubt there is much rhyme or reason too it. I have been quietly listing a few things and selling a bit of stuff right through the christmas new year period. In the seven days before I recieved the freebies from your link, I sold around $260 from 6 sales, which is pretty standard for the private account. It averages around 12-15 k per year in sales.

When I get some extra freebies, I usually use them all and sell between $600-$1000, so it is probably worth ebay offering the free listings to get the commisions on those numbers. I have my doubts if they take this into account though. Its probably more a case of massaging listing numbers to meet projected weekly or monthly targets etc.

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Didnt work on either of my 2 accounts.
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply