18% off last night - anyone sell anything?

I got an email earlier yesterday about some big eBay event at 6 pm last night.  I read something on here about an 18 years of eBay anniversary and they are giving 18% off storewide for two hours.

Unfortunately, I was busy with family obligations until past 9 pm and wasn't able to take advantage of this, but had hoped for some sales.

Nothing happened.  Did anyone else get any surge of sales?

I had also expected another email to arrive in my three inboxes for my accounts, to announce exactly what was happening, but there was such email, so I suspect a lot of people forgot about it?

This thread at OcBargain reveals what people were (or were not, in many cases) buying:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/331163?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily_n...

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

We got not a single sale anywhere during the time frame.

Nor did we receive any email notification of the actual even across al 5 of our IDs.

Have heard of a few other bigger sellers of big tcket items having a bonanza tho.

And I think the packaging suppliers would have done very well as sellers stocked up on packaging supplies at a good price.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

No sales at all on any accounts, but I don't have much listed because of the fee charge on free listings.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Given that ebay are advertising heavily here in metro Melb, you would think a sale like that would be just the thing to promote in some special ads. 18% is a lot.

I didn't see or hear anything about it. I doubt most other people did either. So that could be why sales didn't necessarily skyrocket during that time.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

No sales last night. With over 600 items listed in 4 ids, all I got was one offer for $350 for a $550 item which I chose not to accept.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Thew sale was for items listed for over $75 which cuts many of us out.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

I watched Shaun The Sheep. Obviously everyone else did as well.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I was at KFC when the promotion ended. The only thing I watched last night was Prisoner, but that comes on after midnight. eBay Australia and Joan Ferguson really would make the perfect couple.
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

@jfmgray wrote:

Thew sale was for items listed for over $75 which cuts many of us out.

The total sale had to be $75 or more for item price...postage was not covered in the limit but it did not have to be for one item.

You could make up the $75 with up to 10 items from as many as 10 different sellers.

You just put them all in your Cart and pay for everything in one transaction.

I used both transactions and had 10 items in each one.   I bought a couple of expensive items in each transaction and then added cheaper items to make up 10 items....stocking stuffers for Christmas etc.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I didn't sell anything, but I did pay for a lot of auctions that I hadn't paid for yet. There were way more than 10 in both transactions and they discounted the whole lot. I had items in AUD and USD, so was able to pay for both and get a really good discount. All except one was free postage too, which made it even better!

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply