21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Re: 21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

@hmmar-spier wrote:

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Lets get going people..Have a good day paypal..

Message 41 of 524
Latest reply

It will surely get the attention of paypal soon, if it hasn't already.

Keep up the good work, I no longer sell so can't help out, but have sent the link to all sellers I know who don't come to the boards and many sellers I know who are not on eBay but run their own OLS.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 42 of 524
Latest reply

I wonder does pay pal feel any guilt at all placing many sellers in hardship by withholding there money for 21 days ?.

many sellers rely on what they sell to get them thought the chrismas season yet most will have there money sitting in there accounts frozen due to pay pals stupidity. pay pal are trying to past the blame on ebay yet ebay says its is pal pals policy.

just the mere facts pay pal wont except its there policy trying to hide byhind ebay tells me one thing.

pay pal must know freezing funds for 21 days is unlawful.

i say every seller that has ffunds frozen should print there paypal accound showing this and email the Financial Services Ombudsman with the prof that there funds are frozen.

if its in black & white pay pal then cant dismis the fact they are trading outside of what is the law.

pay pal & ebay have for so long have traded at best borderline to trading laws and one of two things will happen.

these forums will continue to be filled about complaints of ebay,s & pay pal,s wrongs

or sellers need to stand up and say we will take no more.

for that to happen sellers need to stop listing even with free listings and hit ebay hard with a no profit 3 months then maybe the clowns that run this sinking ship might relise that sellers are fightin back and ebay cant last if no income comes in to the company.

sales are that poop now here so why not stand up and for once in ebays history show them they have gone to far with stupid policys that are not needed no show anything but allowing some buyers to cheat there way though many of millions of dollars worth of sellers stock.

Message 43 of 524
Latest reply

I do appreciate the sentiment of withholding listings for 3-months. It would make them wake up and take a look at themselves.

But if we don't list for 3-months we have no income for 3-months. We simply cannot do that without  having another platform to sell on that would replace ebay. And if that viable alternative existed then we would be gone already.

If we can't or don't sell then we will be unable to put dry bread and dripping on the table. And we have a small child to support as well.

So this movement has to come from those who sell more as a hobby and have other mainsteam income to plug the gap.

Unfortunately ebay and paypal have people like us over a barrell. It's a bit like the workplace must have been before the days of unionism sorted out the greedy hard-nosed bosses. And we all know that eventually went too far.

Message 44 of 524
Latest reply

sorry for my mis spelling but i think you get the drift of what i was trying to say......

Message 45 of 524
Latest reply

Very pleased you are spreading the news - the more it gets out there, the sooner something will happen.

And this just bumped the thread up to where it should be - at the top.

Message 46 of 524
Latest reply

So say the buyer says the DVD did not live up to expectations they could get a refund before you have been able to get your hands on your money.
So you have no DVD, no money from the purchase and money `refunded`
I wonder if they use the first payment amount to refund?
Message 47 of 524
Latest reply

BumpSmiley.gif

Message 48 of 524
Latest reply

@diecastcarsvicki wrote:

I wonder does pay pal feel any guilt at all placing many sellers in hardship by withholding there money for 21 days ?.

many sellers rely on what they sell to get them thought the chrismas season yet most will have there money sitting in there accounts frozen due to pay pals stupidity. pay pal are trying to past the blame on ebay yet ebay says its is pal pals policy.

just the mere facts pay pal wont except its there policy trying to hide byhind ebay tells me one thing.

pay pal must know freezing funds for 21 days is unlawful.

i say every seller that has ffunds frozen should print there paypal accound showing this and email the Financial Services Ombudsman with the prof that there funds are frozen.

if its in black & white pay pal then cant dismis the fact they are trading outside of what is the law.

pay pal & ebay have for so long have traded at best borderline to trading laws and one of two things will happen.

these forums will continue to be filled about complaints of ebay,s & pay pal,s wrongs

or sellers need to stand up and say we will take no more.

for that to happen sellers need to stop listing even with free listings and hit ebay hard with a no profit 3 months then maybe the clowns that run this sinking ship might relise that sellers are fightin back and ebay cant last if no income comes in to the company.

sales are that poop now here so why not stand up and for once in ebays history show them they have gone to far with stupid policys that are not needed no show anything but allowing some buyers to cheat there way though many of millions of dollars worth of sellers stock.

Does it feel guilt?

Now this is where people have problems when they start to thinking with emotional terms within the realm of a large company/corporation.

The sooner people stop thinking with their emotions,the smarter & less upset they will be.

Good work to everyone who disputed this with the FOS & all those who made that option known here.

Message 49 of 524
Latest reply

@diecastcarsvicki wrote:

Plus,dont forget with greedbays new 180 policy,paypal payments aint in sellers safe hands till after this period. Some sellers im sure, will be hesitating buying new stock.
Message 50 of 524
Latest reply