21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Re: 21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

its good to see ebay,ah, i meant greedbay,has not deleted this thread..

BUMP...........................

Message 181 of 524
Latest reply

And just adding to all the mysery with the 21 day holds to which I have been subjected to and made numerous replys already.

Some of my tracked items that have been acknowledged as delivered and plus 7 days for release of funds but no funds have been released as eBay is not releasing money. Latest correspondence now tells me that I have to make a manual claim to have money released everytime if I want funds earlier than 21 days. This is going from bad to worse, everytime I jump through another hoop.

Starting to get a very good case together for my correspondence to the Ombudsman. Now just waiting for my 90 days to be up which is tommorow. I have already been told by eBay that all my funds currently on hold will still be on hold for the individual periods they would have been subjected to per each sale.  God help eBay if my first sale after 90 days goes on hold! But alas I just know they will be held! Anyone like to put money on it?..............Pehaps I will put the bet up as an auction and the winner will have to wait 21 days to collect.

Message 182 of 524
Latest reply

Going to be very interested in how this one pans out for you.  Please keep us updated.

Message 183 of 524
Latest reply

None

Message 184 of 524
Latest reply

Although I agree this should not be done, it is not their right to hold our money until 21 days is up or the item has been deliverd with conformation. Don't forget this is only for people just starting on eBay to ensure they are not just spending a couple weeks selling something they don't even have and running with the money. After a set amount of sales and/or days selling this freeze is taken away. 

Message 185 of 524
Latest reply

Yes they state pending I believe.

Message 186 of 524
Latest reply

maybe all sellers open an acount with paymate and use them

and not offer pay pal as option for payment then paypal may change there tune.

because pay pal think they are market leaders they can do as they please.

sellers do have options use them to show pay pal we are not happy 

Message 187 of 524
Latest reply

At least if the sellers are using paypal they have an income which they will eventually get after 21 days.

If they rely on Paymate they can pretty much kiss the buyers goodbye.   It is not a good system for buyers with a limited number of disputes allowed.

Message 188 of 524
Latest reply

Not so much of a problem now that most disputes can be resolved through eBay instead.
Message 189 of 524
Latest reply

Are you sure of that CQ?

If an ebay dispute is linked to the seller's paypal account for the return of funds to the buyer, where is ebay going to get the funds if the seller is using Paymate of Merchant Credit Facility?

If ebay can not get funds from the seller, will they just wipe their hands of the buyer's complaint?

Message 190 of 524
Latest reply