21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Re: 21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

wondering if you had any luck having the 21 day hold removed? That is a substantial amount of money.

Message 471 of 524
Latest reply

@roseworthy11 wrote:

wondering if you had any luck having the 21 day hold removed? That is a substantial amount of money.

We submitted a claim to the FSO, a week since we starting making noise to both eBay & PayPal. All Funds up intill Monday had been released which added up to nearly 20K, But it hasn't gone away and newer funds are still on hold. 

I hope this dosn't have to become a weekly exersise. 

I would still like to hear from other sellers that are in the same situation. 

Message 472 of 524
Latest reply

this is terrible, I just don't understand why Ebay and Paypal are doing this sort of thing
Message 473 of 524
Latest reply

Did also lodge a complaint with FOS around a week ago but nothing happened, had to keep contacting PayPal to confirm delivered items to get funds released, absulute pain in the butt, but lo and behold just norticed a minute ago all of a sudden all payments have been released, not sure if that was from lodging a complaint to the FOS or what, rapt now can access my own money as one should be able to do so.

Message 474 of 524
Latest reply

Keep a copy of the complaint sent to the FOS on you desktop - and just change the date and relative info and send again, and again if necessary each time it happens.

It may seem like a pain in the A - but it won't take you that much time and effort and hopefully will drive them crazy enough to action a permanent release of funds.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 475 of 524
Latest reply

Time for another bump methinks!

This problem just refuses to go away.

You'd think the FOS would have bitten these buggers by now given the number of complaints they seem to be receiving on this issue.

Message 476 of 524
Latest reply

I cannot sell something let alone post it without being paid for it
It's so so wrong on every level
Message 477 of 524
Latest reply

Great idea, 

still do not know if payments from purchases will be on hold, as since the FOS got our funds released, have not had a single sale since, Ebay punishing us for bucking the system maybe ?

Message 478 of 524
Latest reply

OK just reread the email from the FOS and appears future tranactions are free from the 21 day hold !!!!!!

PayPal Email

Conclusion:

We released your held payments as requested. You can now use the funds in your available balance to make future PayPal payments or withdraw the amount to your bank account. A further review of your account has determined that future payments received should not incur this type of payment hold.

We appreciate your patience thus far, and hope that the above information addresses your concerns. Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us at auexecutiveescalations@paypal.com. Alternatively, if you are not satisfied with PayPal's resolution or handling of your dispute you may wish to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:

Phone: 1300 780 808

Financial Ombudsman Service

GPO Box 3

MELBOURNE VIC 3001

Fax: (03) 9613 6399

Message 479 of 524
Latest reply

I wouldn't dare to Bump but maybe a Nudge?

Message 480 of 524
Latest reply