21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Just lodge a complaint with Finanicial Services Ombudsman against PayPal as I did (twice as they held money from two sales).

This is their response in a week or so. If they hold any more sales I will just lodge a complaint for each and every one but I reckon my record has been marked "leave well alone !

21 December 2014

FOS reference: XXXXX and YYYYY

Our reference: ZZZZZZZ

Dear Mr

Re: Recent enquiry to Financial Ombudsman Service about PayPal Australia Pty Limited

PayPal has received notification that you recently filed a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding your PayPal account. We refer to your recent correspondence with the FOS: XXXX and YYYY . We have reviewed your claim and provided a summary below.

1. Your complaint:

Your recent eBay payments received to your PayPal account have been placed on hold.

2. Details of the case:

A review of your PayPal account with the registered email address xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.com shows that recent payments you received using your eBay account ID XXXXXXXX were placed under temporary hold.

Conclusion:

We understand that you have a long history with both PayPal and eBay, and as such we have released all holds. We regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused and can confirm that your funds are available for withdrawal. We appreciate your business and hope that this matter has not deterred you from selling on eBay.

We also appreciate your willingness to share your experience with us so we may evaluate our policies and procedures to ensure we provide good customer service to everyone contacting our company.

If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us at auexecutiveescalations@paypal.com, or you can contact our customer service on 1800 073 263.

Alternatively, if you are not satisfied with PayPal's resolution or handling of your dispute you may wish to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:

• Phone: 1300 780 808

• Financial Ombudsman Service

GPO Box 3

MELBOURNE VIC 3001

• Fax: (03) 9613 6399

PayPal is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, an independent external dispute resolution scheme covering PayPal's Australian Customers. For more information on the Financial Ombudsman Service you can also consult their website at www.fos.org.au.

Yours sincerely,

Alberto Rodrigo

Executive Escalations

PayPal Australia Pty Limited

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (PPA) holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Any general financial product advice provided in this email is provided by PPA and has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs

Message 221 of 524
Latest reply

@earthmoves wrote:

Just lodge a complaint with Finanicial Services Ombudsman against PayPal as I did (twice as they held money from two sales).

This is their response in a week or so. If they hold any more sales I will just lodge a complaint for each and every one but I reckon my record has been marked "leave well alone !

21 December 2014

FOS reference: XXXXX and YYYYY

Our reference: ZZZZZZZ

Dear Mr

Re: Recent enquiry to Financial Ombudsman Service about PayPal Australia Pty Limited

PayPal has received notification that you recently filed a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding your PayPal account. We refer to your recent correspondence with the FOS: XXXX and YYYY . We have reviewed your claim and provided a summary below.

1. Your complaint:

Your recent eBay payments received to your PayPal account have been placed on hold.

2. Details of the case:

A review of your PayPal account with the registered email address xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.com shows that recent payments you received using your eBay account ID XXXXXXXX were placed under temporary hold.

Conclusion:

We understand that you have a long history with both PayPal and eBay, and as such we have released all holds. We regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused and can confirm that your funds are available for withdrawal. We appreciate your business and hope that this matter has not deterred you from selling on eBay.

We also appreciate your willingness to share your experience with us so we may evaluate our policies and procedures to ensure we provide good customer service to everyone contacting our company.

If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us at auexecutiveescalations@paypal.com, or you can contact our customer service on 1800 073 263.

Alternatively, if you are not satisfied with PayPal's resolution or handling of your dispute you may wish to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:

• Phone: 1300 780 808

• Financial Ombudsman Service

GPO Box 3

MELBOURNE VIC 3001

• Fax: (03) 9613 6399

PayPal is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, an independent external dispute resolution scheme covering PayPal's Australian Customers. For more information on the Financial Ombudsman Service you can also consult their website at www.fos.org.au.

Yours sincerely,

Alberto Rodrigo

Executive Escalations

PayPal Australia Pty Limited

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (PPA) holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Any general financial product advice provided in this email is provided by PPA and has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs

BUMP TO THE TOP IF YA WANAR ROK N ROLL...................

Message 222 of 524
Latest reply

Surely Surely, I am against the 21-day funds holding policies with ebay and Paypal. They take us-sellers around 12-13% fees on each transaction, and still wants to hold our money. That is not fair at all. We have paid them enough!!!!

Message 223 of 524
Latest reply

and we bump it up to the top once moreRobot Happy

Message 224 of 524
Latest reply

Good on you guys, this is almost like a union, standing up against a bully who keeps pushing you around and telling you what to do while continuting to take take take....

Message 225 of 524
Latest reply

Do you need to do all sales...........one for item you sold or just the first one........???

have 3 funds on hold and climbing ......

means a lot of money tie up with no access too.....

waiting on reply before action ......

cheer's

Message 226 of 524
Latest reply

Blackeye, some sellers are having all funds released and no further holds put on subsequent funds, while others are having to contact the ombudsman each time the funds are on hold.

All you can do is put in a report and see what happens.

Message 227 of 524
Latest reply

Has happened to me too. Ebay awarded refunds to two dodgy buyers who ripped me off. One was for nearly 300 dollars. I went fro mbeing a top rating seller for ten years straight, to a below standard. I have had my paypal frozen and I have dropped 85% in sales in the last 2.5 months.
Message 228 of 524
Latest reply

Good idea.keep it on top.

@am*3 wrote:

This thread needs to be kept bumped up to the top, so any sellers coming to this board from now on with this issue can read it and know what they can do about it.

Message 229 of 524
Latest reply

BUMP

Message 230 of 524
Latest reply