21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Penny, I am a member of the group on Facebook although I don't have much to offer as I am not a seller so am not affected by what is happening.

I can assure you there is nothing on the site that has not been posted here but it is perhaps a bit more outspoken as we don't have to worry about being slapped by the Mods.

You could always join but not post until you see what is being said....and there is no law that says you have to agree blindly with what others are saying.

Message 211 of 524
Latest reply

How do I put my complaint it regards to this? I have a client waiting for a print and being a small starting business I do not have that type of money sitting around to pay for it myself.

Regards

Dee 

Message 212 of 524
Latest reply

A few days after I wrote my story here, I got delivery confirmation and after informing PayPal they released my funds while I was on the phone .This was great although could have done without the stress. Thinking it was all over i got my monthly invoice and it was about $70 more than it should have been. Did some checking and EBay made a mistake with labels where they charged me for ones i cancelled as they did not show up to be printed.

I went on live chat and was informed yes there seems to be a mistake, but it will have to be sent to the relevant department and will take 25-30days to sort out. To me that was fine as I myself put a 21day freeze on my payment to eBay as they did not meet my satisfaction criteria for a service provider.

Seems to pay calling PayPal with a delivery number.

I will still lodge a complaint as i feel it is terrible what eBay is doing to honest sellers

Message 213 of 524
Latest reply

This happened to me as well.

I will sell on Gumtree untill this outrageous issues is solved.

Message 214 of 524
Latest reply

It's all well and good to call them and get the funds released, which others have said has happened for them too, but do you really want to have to call them every single time an item is marked as delivered? Stick it to 'em I say!

Message 215 of 524
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

It's all well and good to call them and get the funds released, which others have said has happened for them too, but do you really want to have to call them every single time an item is marked as delivered? Stick it to 'em I say!

I agree thats why that was the last time i'm using Ebay .....

Message 216 of 524
Latest reply

Bit of a Bump

Cat Rowing.jpg

Hope all had a great Christmas.

Message 217 of 524
Latest reply

whats a bump? . . . . . 

. . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . oh, I get it now

Thank you

you're welcome

Message 218 of 524
Latest reply

@robart05 wrote:

whats a bump? . . . . . 

. . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . oh, I get it now

Thank you

you're welcome

Something you get on your head if you bash it into something 😄 😄 😄

Message 219 of 524
Latest reply

i have had over 1k of my sales on hold without a word just before xmas, so i have been completely broke over xmas and had to borrow money to keep my new business going. i have a 100% account not one bad feedback. and it clearly states in my add that its 2 weeks turn around for the item to be built but ebay thinks im sell off the shelf and keep saying to get my money sooner to send it the same day. i build custom products made to order. plus im a registered business so there is no need to think im a scamer. im not sending my products without knowing ill get my money. ebay needs to pull there heads in this can sink a company

Message 220 of 524
Latest reply