28 views, 4 watchers, $10 incl postage and no takers.

What do you have to do to sell stuff here? I have a top which has had 28 views in the last 10 days, has 4 watchers, costs a grand total of $10 including postage and yet no-one has bought it yet.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: 28 views, 4 watchers, $10 incl postage and no takers.

I just got my first sale for the weekend. I also get lots of lookers and watchers but not many buyers. I have no idea what's gone wrong either but people just aren't spending. Even the big shops are amost giving their stock away to attract business. It's very disheartening Woman Frustrated

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Be patient. I have products on my ebay store took months to sell. Someone will purchase your top.
Maybe you should re take the images for this listing.People like high quality pictures.
Good luck
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

I too am feeing your pain !!!

As an example, my eBay fees for September were precisely HALF what I have had each month previously.

No doubt though, in following posts, we will have the usual suspects telling us that their sales are 'much the same' as usual, or even 'better than usual' at the moment.... who are they kidding ??

With regard to the previous posters comments re your pictures......

With respect...

Your items are amongst the most beautifully photographed and presented on eBay.

So you have nothing to improve on....on that score.

We will just have to keep plugging on and hope that the festive season's trade is good... that will be the teller in my case !!

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

I agree your photo's are perfect you can't do more to impress.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

egglesdtp,

just had a quick look, and the picures are nice...

but the brands are very ordinary and most likely dirt cheap everywhere.

You are waisting your quite considerable talents  for great  listings presentantions on such low priced stuff  that is easy to get anywhere.

If I had your skills, and /or was even remotely inclined to sell anything here - I would get rid of all of that stuff, get even only just 2 items, decent brands - contemporary trends, the best  ones I could afford, spend a fraction of the time listing them - and collect few hundred dollars for them, and build up the stock from part of the proceeds. 

Added bonus, I think - your type of clientelle will also change instantly (this little insight comes from just reading around the boards, and it is almost very evident, especialy in clothing - the cheaper the item is the more problematic customers it attarcts. But don't know why that is.)

And getting some great gear is easy, the other part - knowing what to do with it and how best to present in is much more dificult - and that you have in spades! Down pat. Perfect!

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

@fixnwear wrote:

egglesdtp,

just had a quick look, and the picures are nice...

but the brands are very ordinary and most likely dirt cheap everywhere.

You are waisting your quite considerable talents  for great  listings presentantions on such low priced stuff  that is easy to get anywhere.

If I had your skills, and /or was even remotely inclined to sell anything here - I would get rid of all of that stuff, get even only just 2 items, decent brands - contemporary trends, the best  ones I could afford, spend a fraction of the time listing them - and collect few hundred dollars for them, and build up the stock from part of the proceeds. 

Added bonus, I think - your type of clientelle will also change instantly (this little insight comes from just reading around the boards, and it is almost very evident, especialy in clothing - the cheaper the item is the more problematic customers it attarcts. But don't know why that is.)

And getting some great gear is easy, the other part - knowing what to do with it and how best to present in is much more dificult - and that you have in spades! Down pat. Perfect!

I don't buy stuff to sell - simple as that. It's what I already have from friends and family and I don't intend to start buying in order to sell. I have enough trouble keeping all the stock I already have (lots more on another site). I agree the better brands sell well, but most of that has now gone. I just want the rest to go and so keep my prices low.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

eggle, 

what I said in the previous post were just my thoughts - without knowing that you don't buy to sell!

But, if that is the case - and all you want it to get rid of these present ones, maybe putting them into the lots, groups of same sizes - or something - and let someone else worry about selling them again, individually.

I may be totally wrong, don't know first thing about  bulk selling/buying - but you may have a good chance in getting rid of everything even before the end of the month - to maybe the people who DO buy stuff for re- sale, weather it's on Ebay, or their own store, or whatever.

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Don't panic, it is slow, money is tight at the moment.Smiley Happy

It's not just you we are all feeling it at the moment.

Your pic's are great, don't waste time changing them.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

@fixnwear wrote:

eggle, 

what I said in the previous post were just my thoughts - without knowing that you don't buy to sell!

But, if that is the case - and all you want it to get rid of these present ones, maybe putting them into the lots, groups of same sizes - or something - and let someone else worry about selling them again, individually.

I may be totally wrong, don't know first thing about  bulk selling/buying - but you may have a good chance in getting rid of everything even before the end of the month - to maybe the people who DO buy stuff for re- sale, weather it's on Ebay, or their own store, or whatever.

I have already tried grouping similar items on my other ID, and keeping total weight under 500g so postage is still OK. Hasn't worked.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply