3 sales to the same buyer with 3 different IDs and all 0 feedback

Hi!

I just had a buyer purchase 3 separate items with 3 different eBay IDs, all with zero feedback.

Delivery address is the same for each, and payment has been received already via Paypal ($7.95 x 3 with all 3 on Free postage).

I usually send out low cost items using standard postage (no tracking) to keep the costs down for the buyers, with only 1 delivery failure in more than 400 items.

What should I do?

Item numbers:

austfox.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: 3 sales to the same buyer with 3 different IDs and all 0 feedback

We have had similar before.

The IDs are a weird sequence of letters and numbers.

We put it down to a guest buyer.

We normally use large letter and have never had any trouble when mailing stuff out to these kind of IDs.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

put them all into the same parcel and pay the extra for tracking

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

If you put them all in the same package then you will only have seller protection for one item even if they are sent with tracking.

They were purchased on different accounts so they must be sent as single items, no way to combine them.

I would just treat them as I would any other sale if they are low cost items, if they are usually sent as large letters then it is up to you to decide if your profit margin is large enough to cover the cost of registering them or sending a replacement/refund if they claim not received.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

PJ the OP intended to send them large letter without tracking, so he wouldn't have had seller protction anyway.  By sending them in a tracked parcel or registered post, at least one will be covered.  I don't see the point in sending three large letters seperately.

OP you could also take photos of an individual piece on a set of scales, then three pieces, and then have the parcel weighed at the PO.  You can to this by paying the postage at the PO - it will have the exact weight on the label.  Then take a photo of the parcel with the labels affixed.  Not 100% it will cover you, but every little bit of evidence would help fight a case if you need to. 

I don't know what the items are, but if all three would still fit in a large letter you can do the above with registered post, so that they have to sign for it and you get a tracking number.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I don't know what the items are, but if all three would still fit in a large letter you can do the above with registered post, so that they have to sign for it and you get a tracking number.

That would still only give protection to one item.

Had they been bought by the same id then there could be some point in doing it your way but sending in one package is just asking for trouble.

As I said you just have to decide if you want to risk sending as you usually do, three separate large letters, or if you can still make a profit if you send them registered.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I wasn't aware that you could purchase in eBay as a guest, hence that would explain the 3 different IDs, all with zero feedback.

Therefore it is looking more like normal transactions, so I will post as I normally do.

Thanks for the comments.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

So PJ, you think protection on none is preferable to protection on one?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I would be more inclined to go with PJ's thoughts on this one.

Although the address may be the same on each account, unless the name of the buyer is also identical, sending the items all int eh same parcel could make people extremely annoyed.

It does sound a bit like a guest buyer.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

So PJ, you think protection on none is preferable to protection on one?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not at all, it is all a question of weighing up risk management against profit margins. There is just no reason to send the items in one parcel. 3 transactions so 3 different envelopes.

I would asses the risk as being no different to 3 buyers with different addresses having made the purchases so would send them as I would any other 3 different sales. If I thought there was reason for concern and the profit would be more than the cost of registration then I would probably register them.

Inder no circumstances would I send them in the same parcel unless they were happy to pay by bank deposit.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply