8 Free Relistings have vanished.

I just discovered by chance that most of the active listings on both of my eBay sites had suddenly become unsold, most after a few relistings. I have not received emails from eBay telling me that they needed to be relisted. I thought that when the new listing screen appeared without the list up to 8 times for free that that option had become standard rather than an option and that all my items would be automatically be relisted for free. What is going on? Why is eBay so poor when it comes to communication?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: 8 Free Relistings have vanished.

...mine is 'standard' but I have a store....what does it say when you list/relist?

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

When I list/relist the option to relist up to 8 times is absent. For some reason I thought that 8 free listing had become standard so I didn't have to tick a box. Items I had previously asked to be relisted 8 times came off my active listings after only three or four free listings and without any warning. This happened a few months ago and I was told that as I had been selling for a long time the option was being removed. A helpful lkady at eBay Support arranged for me to get the option back. I think the option may have been removed by a bot. If I can find the support phone number again I will ask that the option be restored.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

There is no phone number, nor has there been since COVID started.

Why not list as BIN? That way they stay up until removed or sold. You must have a rough idea of what your items are worth.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

I always research my items and come up with what I think is a  likely selling price, however I hedge my bets by having a lower opening bid. Sometimes there is a bidding war and I get more than by BIN price. I could elect to have my listings relisted until they sell but that would mean that my stock would keep increasing each month cuasing aproblem with storage. I have a number of spreadsheets in which many formulas are designed around the fact that my auctions end after 63 days and I couldn't face having to rebuild them.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Like you, we thought the 8 free relists option had either disappeared or become automatic.  It hasn't, but we only found it by accident when we wanted to schedule an auction to start later that day.

On the new listing format, scroll down to the section titled "Pricing".

To the right of the page is a button saying "Edit all options".

Once you click on that, you have the option to set the 8 free relists, turn off make an offer (as it seems to be on automatically), set a BIN price (or turn it off), set the auction starting price and duration.

It takes a lot longer, but I guess we're stuck with this format now.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I tried that when I first started using the new form. Unfortunately my Edit all Options does not include the option to relist 8 times and, now I come to think of it, it did not include an option to turn off make an offer. Very confusing!

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I contacted eBay Support and they informed me that they had restored the 8 free relistings. Unfortunately they hadn't. I contacted them again a few weeks later and was assured that from now on my listings would be automatically relisted 8 times if they hadn't sold. I was told that this would, indeed, be automatic and would not require me to select the option to relist up to 8 times. This morning I discovered that the hundred or so items I had listed a week ago had not been automatically relisted. I will have to contact eBay a third time.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Whether they're listed or not, you still have to store them. Your issue is with auctions when BIN is probably more appropriate.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

My third call to eBay Support seems to have fixed my problem. The people I spoke to in my previous two calls had assured me that the 8 listings were back. What they didn't tell me that that option could only be applied to BIN listings, which is what the third helper told me. Nonethess, when this problem arose several months ago eBay Support was able to give me the 8 listings back for austion listings, not just BIN listings.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply