A new excuse for not paying ~

goldeagle1970
Community Member

Hi Guys, we all know that excuses are like reading a novel sometimes.

after 6 days I did the no payment thing.

she got back to me tonight, this is a copy of what was said.

Hi.
If you would kindly close the cases you opened it would be appreciated. As the reason why I haven't made payment is because I am planning to purchase some of your other items you are selling.
And I'm not going to purchase multiple and receive multiple because I don't have the time to go down to the post office everyday to collect something.

this is a new one on me. she is already on the special list, but i haven't answered her.

she did not go through the resolution email.

do i keep my mouth shut and just leave it for the 4 days. what would you do.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

"do i keep my mouth shut and just leave it for the 4 days."

Yes, that's what I would do. Just imagine if she buys one item off you every six days for a year, with repeated promises that she'll pay for them later!

Also, I'm pretty sure that you cannot close the case at this stage. If you do, you may be unable to open an 'Item Unpaid' against her again.

You could of course turn off Unpaid Item Assistant - which would allow you to deliberate for longer about it. If you reply to her, it could be tricky though. If she is already on your blocked list, she'll be unable to buy further products off you anyway. I suppose if you were to reply, you could say something along the lines of that you cannot combine shipping because she has taken too long to pay... but it's all very complicated. Honestly, if the thing isn't worth that much, I'd just ignore the message.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

If she was going to make further purchases, she could have contacted you to hold off on the invoice. If you run auctions, she could have placed bids so you could see that she was still buying. If you don't want to ignore her, I'd just tell her to buy/bid and whilever you can see she's still buying/bidding, the UPI will remain open. When she pays, it will close automatically with no strike against her account. Of course if she's blocked, she can't buy/bid, so it would be interesting to see her reaction when she got the "you can't buy" message.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Something interesting you might want to consider.

I just took a look at one your ads to see what you say about combined shipping and while in the item description you say that you'd like payment in 5 days, it actually says the following in the 'Postage and Payments' tab:

-------------------------------------
Seller's payment instructions
Payment to be made within 7 days.Items will be posted in the next couple days after payment has been cleared. I live in the country, so posting is not done everyday. Any questions, please just email me. Have a lovely day, Goldeagle.
-------------------------------------

Maybe there was some legitimate confusion on her behalf??

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I don't have the Ebay assistant on, I always give them a couple extra days,
but when i got this excuse, she went straight on the special list, as no communication before hand..
The items with postage about $30.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Hi sheeps i did check if any bids were made, but no.
I know jolly well she wouldn't bid on anything else. been around for awhile.
but with older age get more cranky with these buyers.
I buy and pay straight away, but I suppose that's life . Thanks for your response sheeps and just a junk
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

hi justajunk is correct you say you always give the buyers extra days  well  it says 7  days and you are at them at 6 days  you could of waited untill at least the 7 days were up and then do your thing .even though i think the buyer is playing with you.

to the sheep this is why its important to use your shopping id  nobody could of checked this out about the 7 day policy  had this seller used his post id 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Joe, for goodness sakes, give it a rest about the multiple ID's, you're like a pool of piranha's fighting over a fish. Get over it, PLEASE!

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

yes , looks like I haven't changed all my listings to 5 days, but have in big letters payment in 5days in the discription.

all the ones I looked at says 5 days in the details.

so will have to go through them all tomorrow.

also I could have used another ID , but I like to know if I have done something wrong.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

and you are correct   [ this would not of being picked up if you used your other id ]

sorry sheep i wont mention the id word again tonight  lol

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply