A question for anyone who uses a Dymo Labelwriter and Windows 10

I have a Labelwriter 310, and yesterday I ugraded my desktop to Windows 10, now I can't get the label printer to work.  Anyone else have issues?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: A question for anyone who uses a Dymo Labelwriter and Windows 10

Can't help I am afraid as I haven't used my Dymo since click & send with the ebaysatchels became available. If I remember rightly I did have problems when changing to Windows 7 but found a fix by googling. I think there is something in the Windows 10 gizmos that lets you run things in retro mode.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 so haven't had any problems. 🙂

You may need to download a new driver

http://www.dymo-labelwriter.com/2015/08/windows-10-driver-for-dymo-labelwriter-310-320-400-450/

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks bbs, I have the latest drivers and the latest version of the software, it just isn't working.  Dymo are adamant it isn't a compatibility issue, but I can't see how it can be anything else, as I used the printer to print labels 20 minutes before I upgraded to Win 10.  I think I might have to try Microsoft.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Compatibility mode didn't work either pj, but thanks anyway.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

I had a problem with the dymo 450 software on windows 8.1 a while ago and dowloaded an older version of the software which fixed it and still works fine in Windows 10. I have deliberaretly not upgraded it since. May be worth trying.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Hi Pennyforum14,

The Dymo LabelWriter 310 has a couple of different models that differ depending on the production date.

Some LabelWriter 310's are compatible with Windows 10 when using the latest software, however some of them are not compatible and as such would need to be replaced.

Please look at the bottom of your device where it says "Model number" and compare to the information below to see what is appropriate.

Model number incompatible units: : 90794

Model number compatible units: 90966, 93029, 93034

If yours is incompatible I would recommend that you call the support helpdesk for your local country which you can find here: http://global.dymo.com/Default.aspx?locale=n

If it is compatbile, please try by removing the software from the computer, disconnecting the USB, restating your PC followed by installing the software again from the link below. Then connect your device again.

Link

- http://dymo.li/dls851win

This should clear up the problem and get you back to printing.

With best regards,

Jesper K

DYMOSupport

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

I am having major problems with my 400 Turbo under a clean install of Windows 10. After installing the software, I ran a few tests and everything seemed to be working. I didn't subsequently need to print any labels for a while. A couple of days later, I had trouble running Excel 2010 and Word 2010 - after running Microsoft's Repair utility, they each reported severe problems with the Dymo Add-In for Office during a previous startup, and recommended disabling it, which I did. The following day,I did need to print a label, and found that the Dymo App wouldn't start - hanging indefinitely at the splash screen. Reinstalling the software did not change this behavior, with or without formally uninstalling it first. Separating uninstalling and reinstalling by a reboot, allowed the app to get fractionally further before hanging - the outline of the main window appears - but that is it.

Perhaps the most bizarre aspect of this situation is that the Endicia Dymo Stamps software (which may not be available for non-US users) installed and continues to run and print stamps on the LabelWriter without problems. It is also possible to use the LabelWriter via its Printer Driver interface.

I have submitted a Support Request, but have not heard anything back yet.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

An update: I had not tried running the Compatibility Troubleshooter on the Dymo App (duh!). This ran and suggested using Windows 8 compatibility settings, with which it now appears to be working (though it did run before on first installation, and then failed).

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Hi Jesper, thank you for your response.  I have been dealing with Pam on the AU Helpdesk about this issue and she has been very helpful and patient but none of the solutions we have tried (multiple times over the last five or six days) have made a difference.  Let me fill you in:

• My printer is a 90966 so it is meant to be compatible.
  • I don't use the office interface, I prefer to print my labels one at a time as I pack my items for posting as I sell across several venues and my routine allows me to eliminate the possibility of putting the wrong label on a parcel.
  • I work straight from the Labelwriter program, cutting and pasting from the online sales record each time.
  • The printer was working fine half an hour before I underwent the Win10 Upgrade.
  • When I went to print next day, the software would not open, I kept getting an error message about drivers not being up to date.
  • I did a web search for Win10 drivers and it took me to the Dymo site where it recommended I download Version8.5.1 of the software, which I did, removing the old version first. 
  • When this didn't work I tried Updating drivers through the Windows Device Manager, the printer shows up in the printers and devices window, but as an unspecified device rather than a printer.  The Properties tab shows it as working correctly and when I check it in Device Manager, it shows up with two drivers, the Dymo one which shows as working fine, and the USB printer support one which says it requires further installation.  (is this maybe a clue to the problem?)
  • When I attempt to open the Labelwriter software I get a message to say that it requires a printer to operate and asks me if I want it to search for a network printer. 
  • I once agaiin tried your soltion above which is similar yo what Pam had me do, no joy I'm afraid.
  • I should add that with each new set of instructions I completely removed all the Dymo installations, drivers and download files and downloaded a fresh copy of the software from the link provided each time, just in case something had gone wrong in the download process the time before.

I have to admit to feeling a little frustrated by all this, I have downloaded the software no less than eight times now and gone through four slightly different uninstall/reinstall scenarios multiple times and nothing seems to work.  The weird part is I have been able (after a couple of tries) to get it work on my laptop which was upgraded to Win 10 several weeks back, but it just won't take on the desktop. 

Any further clues?  If I don't get it working soon I will have to take the printer upstairs to where I work in the evenings with my laptop, and print the next days labels in bulk each evening, but it will seriously mess with my workflow and I am reluctant to do that as it works for me having everything in one place.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply