A question for anyone who uses a Dymo Labelwriter and Windows 10

I have a Labelwriter 310, and yesterday I ugraded my desktop to Windows 10, now I can't get the label printer to work.  Anyone else have issues?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I will check back again when I get back this afternoon, meanwhile I have an even more unpleasant experience to face, I'm off to the dentist.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Hi Penny. When you uninstall programs, often registry files are left behind. If you then reinstall, it will use the same registry file that's present. My suggestion would be to download Wise Registry Cleaner (it's free - google it), uninstall the program again, then run the registry cleaner. Remove any results it finds. Then run it again. Keep running it until it doesn't find anything else (you may be left with 2 results that it won't remove, just leave them). Reboot computer. Now reinstall your program. Not saying this will work, but it's worked for me with different things in the past. Run this program any time you uninstall a program of any description to remove any fragments left. Good luck!

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks tippy toes, I was hopeful there for a while as the reg cleaner found a lot of invalid registry files, and just as you said, it took three rounds of repairing to get them all, but unfortunately it didn't help. 

It has to be a driver thing, the software just isn't recognising that I have a label printer installed.  The printer shows up under printers in the device manager, but hen I try to update the drivers it comes back wit an error and can't complete the process, even when I tell it to go online and get the latest drivers, it finds them, starts to install them, and then gives the error message that there is a problem and it cannot complete.

It is frustrating, but I can't waste any more time on this, I will just have to adjust my processes to accommodate printing the mailing labels upstairs.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

That's a shame! At least you got rid of some garbage from your registry if nothing else! If you do find a solution, please let me know. I am having the exact same problem with bluetooth. I don't use it that often, but it is handy sometimes. I'm still using Windows 7 and it all worked ok, then one day it just stopped working. It said driver issues. I did everything you did as far as updating drivers, but it would get part way through the download and an error would pop up. Very frustrating!

I hope you can get a happy compromise with your label writer!

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks again.  BTW I dragged the printer upstairs and sat it beside my laptop, plugged it in and tried to open the software.  No go, I got a weird error message which I will now send to the Dymo Helpdesk, and it aborted.  This was the laptop I managed to get it to work on the other day.  So I tried setting up a label in Word and selecting the Label Printer, and after bypassing a couple of messages about margins it prints fine.  It just gets weirder and weirder.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Been using labelwriter 400 for years; excellent service. However loaded latest s/ware onto Win 10 laptop and tried printing via lan; it sees the shared printer but stallsand nothing works! Since uninstalled awaiting updates.  Jeff

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks for the input, but I posted this problem over 6 months ago and have long since bit the bullet and upgraded to the newer model printer.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

I'm glad we have decided to remain with windows 7 pro due to fears of problems like this.
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Yes, I thought so too Clarry, but the problem was, even after rolling back to Win7, I still couldn't get the old printer to work.  After a week of struggling, I upgraded the printer (the old one was over 10 years old) and have since reinstalled Win10 again, and have no problem with the new printer.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

OK. So good outcome in the end albeit with a few more grey hairs. Lol.
We have a brother label printer which is about four years old but still going strong. And a Canon inkjet printer about same age.
So our concerns would be getting everything to work again if we upgraded to win 10. I know one day we will have to tho.
Message 20 of 22
Latest reply