A warning to all honest ebay users. Beware of member <Removed>

Beware of ebay member <Removed>

He successfully won an auction for a antique watch that i had on ebay. I calculated the postage to be $10.00. Which included an Australia post padded bag plus some bubble wrap. [plus signature delivery ]

His response was that the postage should have been ....wait for it $5.00??

And oh yes. I am in Western Australia and he is over on the opposite side of the country. [Queensland or NSW]

People like <Removed> should not be allowed on ebay.

regards.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

An A.P padded bag cost around $2.50 + SOD + 2 stamps & whatever you think a small square of bubble wrap costs so i don't see how that amounts to $10.People don't like paying $8.25 for an A.P 500g satchel with tracking so they aren't going to be overjoyed about a padded bag for $10.

I don't see what you are so upset about.There was no UPI,no INR,no SNAD,no scam for you to deal with.

People are stingy with post cost so keep it down or you will get complaints.

Also with your attitude,you will possibly get low DSRs for something.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

Well I buy my no 1 padded bags in bulk (50 at a time) for 12c each, 2 stamps is $1.40 and SOD is $3.50 from memory; ergo the actual cost is as low as $5.02, so even allowing a bit extra for eBay's usurous 10% on postage, you could still get away with it for $6 and even be making a profit.

I guess that's why your postage DSRs (as well as the others) have taken a bit of a hiding. For $10 you could send it Express post and that way at least your buyers can see where their money is going and your DSRs might even start heading uphill for a change. And believe me, they need to.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

Why was it costing me over $8 to post a baby hat, as light as a feather in a padded post bag?

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

so we can't charge a handling fee.....

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

cq tech

Re your comment on the OP's DSR's "and your DSRs might even start heading uphill for a change. And believe me, they need to "

What is wrong with them ?

or do you expect 5 gold stars in full all the time.

Also, "ergo the actual cost is as low as $5.02, so even allowing a bit extra for eBay's usurous 10% on postage, you could still get away with it for $6 and even be making a profit."

What about time, petrol, packing, handling etc ?

You can't win with some people, the guy gave FREE Postage on an item, posted same day (he says) and the buyer gives low DSR on postage and comms.

"vaitsa76 gave low postage & comms DSRs despite same day postage & no comms. Why?"

Just asking.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

cq tech

Re your comment on the OP's DSR's "and your DSRs might even start heading uphill for a change. And believe me, they need to "

What is wrong with them ?

or do you expect 5 gold stars in full all the time.

Also, "ergo the actual cost is as low as $5.02, so even allowing a bit extra for eBay's usurous 10% on postage, you could still get away with it for $6 and even be making a profit."

What about time, petrol, packing, handling etc ?

Just asking.

Petrol - a definite no no, cost of packaging materials etc is fine, but how would you feel having paid say $10 for postage and getting a large envelope or small padded bag with $2.80 worth of stamps on it ?

Looking at the OP's listings, $10 seems to be the average charge for post and most items are starting at a very low price, and would fit into a small bag.

In this instance it does eem the profit is being made in the post and buyers will pick up on that.

Maybe better to add a couple dollars to your start price and lower your post, JMO.

As to stars - maybe no one can maintain a perfect 5, but the OP's are way worse than that, and he needs to adress the problem sooner rather than later, again JMO

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

I understand why some use stamps, IF I post anything I use a postage paid stamp anyway or just go 500gm post bags.

I know you can't charge for petrol but it is still a cost.

I also added another bit to my previous post re some feedback he got.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

You can't win with some people, the guy gave FREE Postage on an item, posted same day (he says) and the buyer gives low DSR on postage and comms.

I would like to know how you give low dsr on free postage, just curious....

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

We have a postage & handling cost of $2 included in the price of our "FREE" shipping listings.

If we run auctions we declare the postage separately as $2.

We use large letter... so

Stamps x2: $1.40

Envelope: $0.15

2x Labels: $0.10

Plastic protection bag: $0.05

Our time to pack it up: $0.30

Seems pretty fair to us.

If someone orders multiple BIN items we always include a "freebie" in the package.

In the case of multiple items won at auction we automatically discount for combined postage.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply