A warning to all honest ebay users. Beware of member <Removed>

Beware of ebay member <Removed>

He successfully won an auction for a antique watch that i had on ebay. I calculated the postage to be $10.00. Which included an Australia post padded bag plus some bubble wrap. [plus signature delivery ]

His response was that the postage should have been ....wait for it $5.00??

And oh yes. I am in Western Australia and he is over on the opposite side of the country. [Queensland or NSW]

People like <Removed> should not be allowed on ebay.

regards.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@aps1080 wrote:

cq tech

You can't win with some people, the guy gave FREE Postage on an item, posted same day (he says) and the buyer gives low DSR on postage and comms.

"vaitsa76 gave low postage & comms DSRs despite same day postage & no comms. Why?

As far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, if postage is free, they CANNOT leave a star rating for postage at all.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

Oh, I don't use my mobile for internet (no idea how to) Smiley Sad

Old dog etc..............

Don't stress it greencat!  The Ebay mobile app SUCKS and is so restrictive it's useless (well for me anyway), so although I 'can' I won't.

This old dog doesn't mind trying to learn new tricks, but if they're stoopid ones I will sit out.

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

sit ubu sit. good dog. Is that how it goes?

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

treasuress.4207 Community Member
9:53 AM
aps1080 wrote:
cq tech

You can't win with some people, the guy gave FREE Postage on an item, posted same day (he says) and the buyer gives low DSR on postage and comms.
"vaitsa76 gave low postage & comms DSRs despite same day postage & no comms. Why?"

As far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, if postage is free, they CANNOT leave a star rating for postage at all.

Thats what im trying to say...
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

cq tech

"vaitsa76 gave low postage & comms DSRs despite same day postage & no comms. Why?"

Just asking.

Try getting your facts straight. It's a well-known fact that I flatly refuse to adopt eBay's "free postage" because I don't like lying to or misleading my buyers. I charge actual postage on all of my items - no mark-up or profit. As far as my follow-up comment is concerned, I was bloody annoyed that my buyer marked me 4 DSR stars for both postage time and comms, because I'd posted the same day he paid despite offering one-day handling, and eBay normally provide an automatic 5-stars for comms on one-day handling if tracking is offered. There is no tracking with large letters so my buyer was able to mark my comms DSR at 4.

Good DSR scores are an indication of good customer service and while you may not consider them to be important, I certainly do. Put on your buyer's hat for a moment then tell me which seller you'd be buying from if the OP and I were both selling the exact same item at the same price. In fact, don't even bother, I already know the answer. It's pretty bad form to come in here and criticise me because I happen to care about providing good customer service.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

Regardless of postal method and actual cost the buyer was aware the cost of postage Australia wide was $10. He entered into a contract with the seller when he bid on and won the sellers item.

Buyers must understand their obligations and it should not be reflected in feedback to the seller.

OP may want to add a message in BOLD in future clearly stating the postage price is set and if potential buyers dont agree they dont need to purchase.

Or just offer free postage and start all listings with postage amount built in as Ebay promotes and encourages.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

If you are wrapping a watch in bubble wrap, then putting it in a padded bag, isn't that going to make it thicker than 20mm? Meaning you would be paying a parcel rate of $7.20 to post it? Why not send it as a small parcel instead and that reduces the risk of breakage? I'm not sure I'd want an antique watch sent in a padded bag, bubble wrap or not.

If you're going to be sending quite a few things in padded bags, buy them in bulk on eBay. I paid about $26 for 200 small ones and that included postage. Far cheaper than buying them individually.

Small parcel rate is the same for anywhere in the country. It's only when you move up to the next size that prices vary from state to state. So, where you live and where he lives is irrelevant in this case. 

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

cq

Chill out or have another shot of rum !  I wasn't having a go at you, I was having a go at the person who left that feedback.

The fact the buyer left 4 stars for you proves the point, they can leave what they want regardless of the (high) level of service in both your case and the OP's case I quoted. Why just normal feedback isn't good enough ..............

If everything is shown clearly, cost of everything including postage and items are posted within the time frame and received as such, the buyers have no reason to complain.

Frankly, who would I buy from if everything the same ? Being ex services (although not a Navy boy Smiley Tongue, always got looked after very well by you guys) I would buy from you but if that wasn't a factor, whoever was closer.

(My feedback doesn't give a true indication as I sold over 2500 items under another name so am across the issues of postage

from way back).

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

My sincere apologies for misinterpreting your earlier comments. For some obscure reason I thought you were criticising me rather than the grub who monstered my DSRs last week for no reason. I get a bit touchy when buyers score DSRs unfairly and I wish the bloody things had never been introduced.

They serve no useful purpose other than as a tool for eBay to use against their sellers when they feel like it and now that they're no longer anonymous, they have even less meaning than when they were first introduced. I absolutely hate them with a passion and would love to see the back of them.

It's funny that you should have picked up on the fact that I was ex-Navy, as I was definitely the exception to the rule. All of my ex-servicemen rellies were in the Army (one still is) and I only joined the Navy because at the time I thought the chances of coming home in a body bag were considerably less. Such was the naivety of youth.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

Thank you for  support and comment.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply