ABN removal from my account

I asked ebay to remove my ABN from my account on 30 June 2017. They told me they don't know how to do it and would get back to me. I've sent a msg regularly but I haven't had any updates for a couple of weeks now and as far as I know it hasn't been removed. Is anyone having the same problem or have any suggestions on what I can do to get this removed. 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: ABN removal from my account

Removing you ABN from your account is actually illegal if you are trading as a registered business.

You should be paying the GST on ebay fees as long as you did not list your ABN with ebay to remove the GST...that was only for members who are registed for GST.

Have you checked an invoice to see if you have had the GST added?

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I contacted Ebay again today about this and was told that I would get a call by close of business today. Nothing so far. I am going on what my accountant has told me re ABN and GST so there shouldn't be anything illegal about what he's telling me to do. 

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

If you are a registered business you have to display your ABN....and it has to be visible on your ebay listings.

Are you registered for GST and did you put yourself on the ebay list to remove the GST from your invoices?

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Just off topic, but you have your phone number in your listings.

I don't think that's allowed.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

Not allowed

Not allowed

Some examples of activities that aren't allowed include:

• Using member contact information obtained from eBay or using any eBay system to offer to sell any item outside of eBay

• Posting or displaying contact information in a listing, including email, phone number and mailing address, without the permission of eBay or except as required by law

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can put numbers in if you have the most expensive store.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I received a call back from ebay customer service rep late last night. They sent my request to ebay tech support who have fixed it. Thanks very much everyone for your replies. 

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Yes thanks just checked on the latest info on Ebay and it says:
From September 2017 you won’t be able to include contact information, i.e. phone numbers, email addresses or social media profiles, in item descriptions, images, eBay Stores or seller profiles.We know that many sellers offer telephone support as part of providing great customer service...
http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SR17-1/Contact-Links
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply