ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

HERE WE GO AGAIN ANOTHER SILLY BUYER -BIDS -WINS-DOES NOT PAY OR COMMUNICATE-WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS EBAY,THE DISPUTE SYSTEM IS RUBBISH

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

I normally give the buyer 7 days to pay ,and I have to admit, that I have had more than usual that haven't paid in that timeframe. But once I open the NPD all of them - except one - have paid with profuse apologies. 

I now don't even enter into any communication after ebay send the 4 day warning email and just open and close after 4 days.

And of course block the non- paying bidder. I love those blocks - I also find that I am getting more emails from blocked bidders asking to let them bid as ebay have made a mistake/ it was the sellers fault/ they paid but it didn't register on ebay etc...

Is anyone else finding this happening too?

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

12 unpaid item cases in the last 2 months, 6 Australian and 6 International.

Plus 2 Internationals in the process, both 0 feedback.

I respect the fact that we can't give negative feedback, but why can't ebay itself?

You can automatically let ebay open and close the UPI process.

Why can't ebay automatically give a negative when the UPI is closed.

From another memeber -

Wait 4 days to open UID dispute.  Tick

Close after 4 days later.  Tick

Block buyer.  Tick

Set 2 strike blocks in place.  Tick

Relist. Tick

All these are in place to stop repeat non paying buyers, but it doesn't stop the new ones.

Tempted to have immediate payment on quite a few listings.

Any ideas anyone ?

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

So that's 12 out of 400 odd. 3%. Not very high.

I've had 8 in the last 18 months, which works out about 1.5%.

I just do all the ticks and get on with life. Which is my recommendation.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

I was replying to someone else's comment about 22+ UID in 12 months.

Just giving my opinion. Don't need criticism.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

You asked for opinions. I gave mine. If you choose to read it as criticism, that is entirely up to you.. 

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
My UID closed is at 6.3% for the last 12 months. That is quite high
Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Wow another non payer,sent a message after winning auction that they will pay in 3 days time and I said no worries as you have 4 days to pay.So the 4th day has passed and no payment received so I have opened another non payment case,this is becoming a joke.But I think that this buyer has realised that they paid a higher price for the item that has been selling cheaper elsewhere but that doesn't excuse them of their duty to pay for what they have purchased.I am sick and tired of buyers winning and then finding out after that they could have purchased cheaper elsewhere and therefor not pay as this isn't my fault as my auctions started at 99c.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply