ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

HERE WE GO AGAIN ANOTHER SILLY BUYER -BIDS -WINS-DOES NOT PAY OR COMMUNICATE-WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS EBAY,THE DISPUTE SYSTEM IS RUBBISH

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

Here we go again,just opened another unpaid case,#22 for the year

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

Also why is eBay stopping us seeing these non-paying buyers IDs?

I think eBay do it just to annoy sellers - there's no privacy when people don't pay for things in B&M store - can U imagine if they claimed they couldn't be named for privacy in court proceedings.

I have another non-payer (jaco***********) for the Minnie item - new member since Oct 27, no feedback - 4 days runs out today, so NPD will be closed in a few hours as soon as it lets me.

Now I'm going to stir the possum - all U legal-eagles out there how would we go for suing eBay for an unsafe workplace - especially for those people who have health problems & who don't need the stress (or the depression) of non-payers?

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

I always get the feeling when a buyer hasn't paid after 2 days that it is going to lead to an unpaid case,there is no communication from the buyer as to what is the problem so you then definately know that you won't be getting paid.I think that if a buyer hasn't paid after the 4 days then I as a seller should be able to automatically cancel the transaction immediately and not wait another 4 days for a response/non response form the buyer.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

I agree that Second Chance Offers rarely succeed (perhaps 20% of mine).  A lot of the items I sell are bulky and I need removed quickly. Accordingly, I cannot understand why I can't block potential bidders with one strike in the past month (or several months) from bidding. Surely this should be at the seller's discretion with consideration to buying opportunities lost versus massive inconvenience as I have experienced. I appreciate that some strikes are applied to inexperienced bidders and in every one of those past cases I have cancelled the trade myself; but when someone deliberately fails to communicate, I feel only frustration and anger towards that eBayer. Basically, I would like the ability to restrict anyone with a strike in the past three months from bidding on some of my listings.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

You can stop bidders with strikes you just need to put it in your selling preferences

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

You can only stop bidders with more than 1 strike. 

I agree I would be happier with a choice to prevent bidders with any strikes at all.

I might not elect to use it, however it should be a sellers choice to determine the level of non-payment that they deem an unacceptable risk,

not ebay.  

I think 0 strikes before being blocked by some sellers also  sends a stronger message to a number of buyers IMO -  that non-payment is just not acceptable. 

The one chance buyers currently get across the board, is one chance too many.    You bid, you buy, you pay.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

fairlaneltd
Community Member
GETTING A FEW NON PAYERS ASWELL
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

That's what I meant cats with strikes which means more than 1

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

Yes...

Our biggest problem with non-payers is by far from those who have a FB score = 0.

Less often they also buy a BIN item and still don't pay. I don't understand why you would do this.

Never any response to messages or invoices.

We had one who bid and didnt pay so we opened a case. No response and still didn't pay. Case closed.

Then 2-days after the case was closed they did exactly the same thing again on the same item again that we had re-listed. Case closed again.

They won't do it again as they are now blocked. Strange behaviour indeed.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

ANOTHER NON PAYING BUYER

Is this rash of non paying bidders actually anti competitive behaviour?

By tying up our stock for over a week a way for people to maybe help a friend to sell similar items instead?

I have had one item that has now had three non paying bidders or cancelled bids. I would have hoped to have the money for it in the bank a month ago.

Maybe this could be stopped if we could leave honest negative feedback for non paying or malicous bid cancellers?

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply