AP price rises

Domestic and International standard retail rate changes^

Over the last year we've worked hard to support customers with the pressures of their sometimes rapidly changing businesses. Rising costs over the period however mean that, effective 1 March 2021, we'll be raising our standard retail rates for domestic parcels and changing our standard retail rates for international parcels.

We'll be introducing a 2.5% price increase across our retail domestic parcel products; which includes Parcel Post, Express Post and Return Paid items.

I don't do International, so I havem't copied those

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: AP price rises

A small snapshot

new postage 1 March 2021.JPG

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

thanks for the heads up.  Curraone looks like your small snapshot is of when not using red satchels.... ie 8.95 goes to 915 etc....

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

For those who do send internationally (and in particular, those using My Post) - be aware that while their email announcement touts increased savings to NZ (jumping to 35% for band 5) and 5% discounts for band 1, the discount is decreasing to all other zones for those on higher tier discounts. 

Full list of changes here: https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/current-updates/pricing-updates

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

??

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

I love the way they disguised the price rises in the email we received:

'New MyPost Business International savings bands' - then in the third paragraph:

'What's changing: Changes to standard retail rates for domestic and international parcels'.

The most important and by far most impacted change to the vast majority of users. Love their marketing transparency, taking a leaf out of the 'Gubments' marketing handbook. Bury the bad news.
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

I almost didn't read it, as I don't do international.

Being AP, though, I thought it best to have a look.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

just an observation..

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

@onekiwi0 wrote:

just an observation..

But it is the same rate if you have a satchel or not

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Prepaid (red) satchels are way more than the advertised MyPost Business rates, and will presumably go up at least 25c for Small.

I don't know why anybody would use them. The cheapest printer won't use enough ink to make it a saving.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply