AP price rises

Domestic and International standard retail rate changes^

Over the last year we've worked hard to support customers with the pressures of their sometimes rapidly changing businesses. Rising costs over the period however mean that, effective 1 March 2021, we'll be raising our standard retail rates for domestic parcels and changing our standard retail rates for international parcels.

We'll be introducing a 2.5% price increase across our retail domestic parcel products; which includes Parcel Post, Express Post and Return Paid items.

I don't do International, so I havem't copied those

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

AP price rises

So the new price for a 500g prepaid satchel will be $9.40

And if you use Aust Post and flat rate satchels basic price for the satchel is 25c so $9.15 + 25c = $9.40

So it is the same for people who don't buy in huge quantities and are not eligible for the My Post business discounts.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

@curraone wrote:

So the new price for a 500g prepaid satchel will be $9.40

And if you use Aust Post and flat rate satchels basic price for the satchel is 25c so $9.15 + 25c = $9.40

So it is the same for people who don't buy in huge quantities and are not eligible for the My Post business discounts.

I buy my satchels in 100s. 15c.

8 parcels per 8 weeks shouldn't be a stretch for anybody with several thousand feedback and a reasonable sell-through rate. At which point Band 1 gives 56c+ for non-rural.

Their choice. Everybody chooses their own business model. I was simply pointing out to the obfuscator that the price was only for MyPost, not prepaid satchels.

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

Satchels are already $9.15. It’s $8.95 for a 500g parcel.

Remember you can post 5kg in a small satchel so it’s extremely good value for small heavy stuff.
Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
Satchels are already $9.15. It’s $8.95 for a 500g parcel.

Remember you can post 5kg in a small satchel so it’s extremely good value for small heavy stuff.

Satchels are dependent on the service used.

$8.95 is the basic rate for Small. And $9.20 for prepaid.

This thread, I thought, was about MyPost. I pay 15c per small satchel, plus the applicable postage rate. Between $6.71 and $8.77, depending on where it's going.

I really don't care if people won't research cheaper postage methods. I just put the information up. What you do with it is up to you. But please don't accuse me of not knowing the published facts.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

We too buy 10 packs of 10 small satchels @ $0.15 each.....i.e. $15 for 100.

We operate from a small regional town so we can never receive a discount for "same major city" however most of our items are posted to major cities so we pay $7.52 postage (band 3) + $0.15 (small satchel) = $7.67.  To rural areas $8.68 + $0.15 = $8.83

New prices for us go to $7.69 + $0.15 = $7.84 & rural $8.88 + $0.15 = $9.03  Increase 2.2% for both.

Not much saving when sending to rural areas however it helps to keep us on band 3 & sometimes band 4 in busy periods.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

They say due to rising costs but did their turnover not increase as well. If they are delivering more parcels of course costs will rise.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

Haha, "rising costs", they made a killing during COVID-19.
Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

Unlike years of past they could not blame increasing fuel costs.

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

Still better than DHL - I was recommending them to all and sundry for ages (for international), they were much cheaper than Aus Post, and super easy to deal with etc. Not any more.

They sent out new rates a couple of days ago - I have to do parcel pick-up with them, and the fee for that increased from $10 per pick-up to $30, and their pricing was a gut punch. I used to be able to send a (light, eg under 50g) tracked package for less than $10. Just for the sake of comparison, with these new increases, a 250g package to the US would cost $26.25 for me, not including any of their additional surcharges, compared to $15.75 with Aus Post and no surcharges (I'm currently on band 5 discounts). 

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

AP price rises

gec2002
Community Member

@davewil1964 wrote:

Domestic and International standard retail rate changes^

Over the last year we've worked hard to support customers with the pressures of their sometimes rapidly changing businesses. Rising costs over the period however mean that, effective 1 March 2021, we'll be raising our standard retail rates for domestic parcels and changing our standard retail rates for international parcels.

We'll be introducing a 2.5% price increase across our retail domestic parcel products; which includes Parcel Post, Express Post and Return Paid items.

I don't do International, so I havem't copied those

Probably just a coincidence but Cartier Watches are increasing in price by 2%.Smiley LOL

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 20 of 29
Latest reply