What am I missing?

I received an email from eBay today, which states:

90 items sent ; 0% sent with (or as ) untracked letters.

81% valid for trackable services.

All items I have sent have had sent have had tracking downloaded.

All items have been sent through Australia Post.

Am I missing something I should know about?

Or is eBay's maths worse than mine???

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What am I missing?

I use Australia Post MyPost Business for sending items.  A long-running problem in this system may be related to what is being described here.

Inside the MyPost website if you click on a parcel in the Tracking tab it almost always says they are experiencing technical problems and there is no tracking history available at the moment.  Those that do work have no tracking history beyond "Initiated" and I have to go to the public website to look up tracking to get any useful info.

So I'd say that eBay cannot get info for some tracking numbers, resulting in this behaviour at eBay.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

What am I missing?

They have lost the plot of course. Look for an alternative.Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

What am I missing?

My thoughts exactly! Thank you!
Not sure what the alternative could be, but I'll try and work on it!
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

What am I missing?

Yep i got a similer email today.

19% percent of me tracked parcels have valid tracking.

I dont know what "Valid" means.

All my tracking is printed either through ebay itself or my Aus post business account which is linked to my ebay account. Tracking bought through Aus Post automatically updates the tracking info in on my ebay orders.

So i have no idea why 80% of my tacking info in invalid.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

What am I missing?

At least it's happening to the 2 of us and I would assume many others also.

I assume the tracking is also done with My Australia Post Business  ... I don't download the tracking there.

I do all the downloads manually on eBay when i get home from the post office.

Maybe someone needs to learn basic maths on eBay...lol!

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

What am I missing?

I managed 89% on 371 orders but untracked letters shows 0%. My guess is the missing 11% is due to untracked letters but I select standard postage in the listing.

Remember a lot of loyalty programs use things like these to show how you are going. Some are accurate but there also some that aren't and I usually don't pay much attention but the ebay one is supposed to be linked to listing visability which I gather if you are below a certain level it may not be good when it comes to listing ranking in "best match".

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

What am I missing?

Yes got similar email - eBay must have switched to "New" Maths

My uploaded tracking is valid for 85% of transactions - I only use Aussie Post and all tracking numbers are auto loaded into transaction. Don't know how 15% of the tracking numbers could be invalid?

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

What am I missing?

I use Australia Post MyPost Business for sending items.  A long-running problem in this system may be related to what is being described here.

Inside the MyPost website if you click on a parcel in the Tracking tab it almost always says they are experiencing technical problems and there is no tracking history available at the moment.  Those that do work have no tracking history beyond "Initiated" and I have to go to the public website to look up tracking to get any useful info.

So I'd say that eBay cannot get info for some tracking numbers, resulting in this behaviour at eBay.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

What am I missing?

Thank you.

I haven't had anyone question the tracking numbers (apart from 1 buyer... it was my mistake and easily fixed).

At least if there is a problem I know where it came from and hopefully can help fix the problem.

Thanks again.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

What am I missing?

Most of our go as untracked letters, but we add tracking for some of the larger or more expensive orders.

Our thought is that those eBay has said have tracking that isn't "valid" for the postage service is those that were sold with the postage option of untracked letters, but we've covered the extra cost to send them tracked.

In other words, the sale shows postage via untracked letter, but we've added tracking to the order, so the 2 don't match up in their system.

We're not particularly worried, we sell mostly low value items so tracking isn't usually an option. We'll just keep doing what we're doing as it works for us.
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply