AP price rises

Domestic and International standard retail rate changes^

Over the last year we've worked hard to support customers with the pressures of their sometimes rapidly changing businesses. Rising costs over the period however mean that, effective 1 March 2021, we'll be raising our standard retail rates for domestic parcels and changing our standard retail rates for international parcels.

We'll be introducing a 2.5% price increase across our retail domestic parcel products; which includes Parcel Post, Express Post and Return Paid items.

I don't do International, so I havem't copied those

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: AP price rises

We are rural too and in the same boat. Interesting though, it's $8.50 city to rural but $7.25 in reverse, despite the fact the trucks go both ways every day regardless if they are full or empty.

You could assume city to rural has higher volumes than rural to city so in that sense the pricing is back to front or is Australia Post giving rural senders a discount ?

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:
We are rural too and in the same boat. Interesting though, it's $8.50 city to rural but $7.25 in reverse, despite the fact the trucks go both ways every day regardless if they are full or empty.

You could assume city to rural has higher volumes than rural to city so in that sense the pricing is back to front or is Australia Post giving rural senders a discount ?

AP pricing is based on the destination, not the origin. Has been ever since they introduced MyPost Business. I'm not sure about the predecessor version, I didn't use it much.

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

Curious to hear from other sellers if they are raising prices or absorbing the upcoming Australia Post increases ?
Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Raising. I'm due to fall off Band 2 three weeks ago.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

depends what the market does. USD/AUD is very low so doesn't effect us
Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

The annoying woman at my local post office said, when asked about the price rise happening on Monday, responded abruptly, "No, that's not happening until 1 March."

"Um...that's Monday..." I said.

"Oh. Well, we haven't been told about that yet." she said.

So professional and informative! lol
Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

I remember years ago when AP staff seemed to have a really bad rep.

How to guarantee getting a job at the Post Office ? Just take your bad attitude with you to the interview.

Most I have found now are lovely, but I admit in the past not so much

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Product updates and pricing appears slow at the Retail level, not to mention AP regulations which change regularly. Management probably depends on updated screens to hand down information.

With these increased prices I will demand a better service and delivery experience for my patronage. Yes it's a big country to deliver mail, but the gold plated pricing needs to be backed by gold plated service...

Unfortunately Australia Post closed their Community Forum so airing public 'feedback' is now more difficult.
Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

I forgot to process my postage lables last night so now am covering the extra. Atleast the ones I had done on friday are still charged at the previous rate.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply