APO and delivering mail by a donkey?

This last two weeks I have had multiple buyers asking me about items not received. They have all been items sent as letters not parcel post. Fortunately all items have arrived it time but the slowness of the postage is quite significant. For example a letter envelope to 35k away FIVE working days.

In my years of selling I have not had as many complaints re postage that I have had in two weeks. I am sure I am not alone.

Is there anything that can be done? 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: APO and delivering mail by a donkey?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Probably hand deliver them yourself is about all I can suggest

Aus Post is what it is.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If the buyers give you "rubbish" f/b for those items......ring Ebay and have them removed
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@bronwynsgold wrote:

This last two weeks I have had multiple buyers asking me about items not received. They have all been items sent as letters not parcel post. Fortunately all items have arrived it time but the slowness of the postage is quite significant. For example a letter envelope to 35k away FIVE working days.

In my years of selling I have not had as many complaints re postage that I have had in two weeks. I am sure I am not alone.

Is there anything that can be done? 

I was a bit surprised too by something similar. i received an item today in an envelope. That is fine, but it was only coming from a suburb of the same city I am in & it was marked as posted last Sunday (which would be quite possible as it wasn't sent registered etc).

So that's five working days.

On feedback it asked if it arrived by Wednesday yes/no.

It didn't, but I didn't like to say no in case it affected the seller  (it's hardly their fault) so i felt i had no option but to say yes but it annoys me as now ebay will think their estimates are spot on etc

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

In this past couple of weeks we've had 2x large letter items that took about 10-days to travel from Brisbane to Sydney area.

Neither were sent by priority mail.

Fortunately both buyers were lovely and understanding about it and were prepared to wait until delivery actually occurred.

But I was very close to sending out a replacement for them when both reported they had now received them.

10-days Bris-Syd seems pretty absurd.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

not absurd....that's carp!!
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I win hands down I think. Sent an item on the 3rd October from a Brisbane Suburb to a Sydney suburb (ie Qld to NSW) then 2 weeks ago the buyer asked where it was. As they had only paid large Envelope price for Postage was Untracked so I was fully exposed for an ITNR claim. Asked the Buyer to wait a while longer, today the 27th Oct they advised arrived well packed and clearly Postmarked 3rd Oct. 24 days later. I thanked the Buyer for being honest and waiting. No wonder so many sellers are getting hit with Non Delivery.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Yes it is such a poor quality of service now.

Methinks APO wants everyone to opt to the priority post for envelopes for an extra 50cents and that way it will deliver as it used to.

This way they do not have the outcry had they increased the postage to $1.50 per standard letter.

There has to be some reason to cut service other than $5 million wages.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@queenslander-3 wrote:

I win hands down I think. Sent an item on the 3rd October from a Brisbane Suburb to a Sydney suburb (ie Qld to NSW) then 2 weeks ago the buyer asked where it was. As they had only paid large Envelope price for Postage was Untracked so I was fully exposed for an ITNR claim. Asked the Buyer to wait a while longer, today the 27th Oct they advised arrived well packed and clearly Postmarked 3rd Oct. 24 days later. I thanked the Buyer for being honest and waiting. No wonder so many sellers are getting hit with Non Delivery.

The sellers may also get defects as items will not arrive in the eBay guestimate time.

I sold my last listed item which was bought by someone from WA,paid for on Wed after 12 pm and I posted it

the following morning,(sent as large letter).

Received a message after marking it as sent asking where it was being sent from,(it's in the listing where I

live so I presumed they where simply asking how timely the mail may be getting there).

Assure them that I've never had a hassle with items not arriving in time but there will always be a first one,Who knows.gif

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Tazz.....have you given up?

Can't you 'linger longer'?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply