AUSTRALIA PPOST SMALL PARCEL RIP-OFF

I have a store on eBay and sell a lot of small items.  Since Australia Post dumped its 250g small parcel option, the cheapest small parcel option is a 500g satchel at $8.25.  This makes it bery hard to sell low cost items that are too bulky to fit into an envvelope. I have checked up on the US and UK postage options for small parcels. In the US, you can send a small parcel under 85g for AU$2.17 and under this system, you can go up in one ounce invrements to a maximum of 370g for $3.95.  

In The UK, you can send a parcel up to 1kg for on.y $4.41.  We are being ripped off. 60c is quite reqwonqble to post a letter, but why should the smallest parcel cost us $8.25?

I have written a protest letter to Australai Post, Nick Xenophon and other politicians.  I urge you to as well. eBay sellers and buyers are being reipped off to the tune of millions of dollars per year.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: AUSTRALIA PPOST SMALL PARCEL RIP-OFF

7 capital cities and the nations capital city

Adds up to 8 I believe.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Australia Posts are Rip Offs its even worse now' they have a cheek saying they are powering online shopping!! Rubbish!! Without online sales there would be NO Australia Post and with the price increases soon NO one will be able to post any thing. I NO longer ship Parcels only products in envlopes. I reuse to give Australia Post more than i need to. 

With slow eBay sales, fees and rip off shipping costs its getting harder and harder to make a living

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

This thread is nearly 2 years old.   If you want to protest about AP it might be a good idea to start a new one as much of the information is outdated or irrelevant.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

[[ Australia Posts are Rip Offs its even worse now' they have a cheek saying they are powering online shopping!! Rubbish!! Without online sales there would be NO Australia Post and with the price increases soon NO one will be able to post any thing. I NO longer ship Parcels only products in envlopes. I reuse to give Australia Post more than i need to. ]]

[[ With slow eBay sales, fees and rip off shipping costs its getting harder and harder to make a living ]]

I hear you, bro/sis.  I have to charge my buyers $9.25 to send a piece of paper (a poster) to the next suburb or across Australia because it's in a rolled up tube and weighs about 125 grams.  I can only dream about the higher sales I would have if I could charge half of that amount if they had a 250 gram parcel price like before.  But no, I am slugged with the 500 gram one regardless, then add in eBay's 10% grab on postage and the cost of the tube/handling, etc.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

This country is headed to the toilet now .. ever since deregulation of industry we are headed towards some kind of fascist dark age .. I think the Australian economy is effectively in a depression and that we are being lied to in a big way .. you don't accrue debt like Australia/australians is/are without having multiple consecutive negatives quarters .. it seems so long as the multi national corporates get to have their way with us and Australia is forced into non protectionism and free trade agreements with countries practicing protectionaim and embracing slave labour that the banks are happy . they are selling the dirt from beneath our feet to our trading partners so that they don't even have to buy our stuff .. just farm it here with 457 labour and ship it off so it is all designed to kill our industries off .. the world banks are making mega bucks and are somehow running the whole show ,, no doubt when your businesses are driven to the wall and you are forced to suckle from the government teat and work for the dole etc the attitude will be that it is all your fault and that you are a job snob so "they" can bring in their $5-$10 an hour contract 457 labour .. auspost failing Australians is just another brick in the wall .. just start to prepare for the inevitable .. in ten years from now we will be eating our dogs and cooking them over smouldering car tyres ..

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply