Account got suspended. Can someone advice me how to avoid this?

This ebay account I created on eBay.com. Now I'm in Australia and want to start selling on eBay.com.au. Even though my ebay account is 10 yers old and has good reputation as a buyer I only got 10 items per month limit or 5000 US dollars. 

Even I change my account location to Australia, my account limit value still shows in US dollars. So I tried creating a new account in ebay.com.au. For that new account, I received 100 item limit and 500 Australian dollar limit. As I wanted higher item limit than dollar value, I prefer this new account.

After I list a few items in my new Australian Ebay account, one buyer bought an item from me. After within 05 min of the purchase, I received an email saying my account is suspended. The email I reived had no exact reason mentioned for the suspension. 

here is some part of that letter.

After reviewing your eBay account, we've noted several concerns with your recent activity. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

While suspended, you won't be able to use eBay. Registering a new account may hinder any option to appeal to your account. If you would like to appeal this action, we need to verify your account information and your eBay activity directly with you.

01) I wonder why the account suspended as soon as someone purchased. The buyer was a new account opened in 2018 with one review. Did eBay suspect I use my own account to make the purchase?

02) I have used some photos send by my Alibaba supplier. They gave permission for that. Is this against eBay policy?

03) Can I continue to sell in Australia from my old account which was created on eBay.com? Or should I create a new account in eBay.com,au.   The selling limit is very lower in my old account than they allow in new Australian accounts. Even my account shows limit in US dollars.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Account got suspended. Can someone advice me how to avoid this?

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
He said in the other thread he'd decided to heed our advice and not open a business account (words to that effect) so I assume he didn't open a store (yet).

I was wondering if he was having a bet both ways.  Heeding our advice on his nirman/prime account while not letting on that he started a new account and went with a basic store just to see if it would give him a competitive advantage.

That would have let him find out which one gave him the best chance of selling.

Whatever he did he did manage to get a sale.

Spoiler
I have an eBay $5 voucher on another account and did consider buying a cleaning gel from his listing as it wouldn’t have cost me a cent . . . but decided to buy something else instead as I didn’t want him to get some false impression about selling on eBay.
Message 21 of 47
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Yes.

When I first posted on nirman's thread his acct was registered in Sri Lanka. I even asked him about that. Shortly after that the account was changed to Australia.

Spoiler

Allow mw.     angry smiley.gif

Doesn't it feel good when you stop?

Message 22 of 47
Latest reply

Just contacted eBay and they have lifted my account suspension. They have suspended my account due to paypal account verification.

Thanks everyone for help. This was a nice lesson for me. 🙂

Message 23 of 47
Latest reply

@prime.gadgets wrote:

Just contacted eBay and they have lifted my account suspension. They have suspended my account due to paypal account verification.

Thanks everyone for help. This was a nice lesson for me. 🙂

That is good news.

As much as we might appear to whinge about you coming to the boards and asking questions we are here to help when we can.  Do as another poster suggested and read eBay’s advice to sellers that can be found through the Site Map (link at bottom of every page).

https://pages.ebay.com.au/sitemap.html#sell

Message 24 of 47
Latest reply

No. I haven't open a business account.

Just had a chat with Ebay and they have reinstated my account. I explained to them everything honestly.

They also advised me to not to open store until I increase the selling limit.

Thank you all for the advices.

Message 25 of 47
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Yes.

When I first posted on nirman's thread his acct was registered in Sri Lanka. I even asked him about that. Shortly after that the account was changed to Australia.

Spoiler

Allow mw.     angry smiley.gif

Doesn't it feel good when you stop?

Do you know why people rub their eyes? Coz it feels soooooooooooo good when you stop!

A bit like head bashing really, but more satisfying.

Message 26 of 47
Latest reply

Potentially more dangerous though. A skull is bone, eyes are a bit softer.

Message 27 of 47
Latest reply

In all sincerity, the information posted on these boards by helpful members is worth more than any Sell On eBay And Make Millions! course ever run.

It's worth more than gold.

It's the result of experience and adaptability, because sellers here who have survived as sellers on eBay have had to adapt many things ... including in some cases the products being sold, return policy, method of postage, postage prices, and much much much much more. eBay keeps on changing... and as a result, eBay sellers cannot afford to be absolutely rigid.

Sometimes the advice will be given with exasperation, or will be wordy, or will be ultra-brief, or could be perceived as lacking sugar-coating. The tone doesn't matter; the advice is what matters. Take it, and you will have a better chance at being successful than you would by making mistakes of your own on eBay.

I agree with the adage that we learn through making mistakes, but that does not apply to fumbling around on eBay as a seller... because eBay has laid out its policies and its T&Cs and expects all of us, as eBay members, to be familiar with those policies. Transgressing eBay policies can and often does lead to consequences, all of which add up. Being unaware of a particular policy is not seen by eBay as a mitigating circumstance, because all of us tick the "I agree" box on the User Agreement, which ipso facto means we agree to the policies and terms and conditions.

I very, very strongly suggest that you that you read eBay's Help pages and Policy pages. They're very badly organised, and not properly searchable - which should be a priority of eBay's IT department... I think there's no communication between whoever is "updating" the help pages and whoever is/was responsible for making the pages searchable. Particularly when some twit changes a Help page to remove or reword something, so that a search word is no longer included... or when it's a short or long description of the page (rather than the content of the page) which is searchable so that eBayers using ordinary search terms just come up with nothing in the Help page's search field... well, it's a mess. Has anyone in eBay's IT department even run updated rules in MySQL lately? Is there any liaison between 'reworders' and IT?

As a result of those issues, some of the the Help pages and Policy pages are cumbersome, impenetrable and almost hermetic... but you'll still need to read them. Start off by reading every single policy linked from this page, and every single Help page linked from this page.

Message 28 of 47
Latest reply

The Earl of Gloucester would heartily and wretchedly agree, after having both eyes plucked out by the Duke of Cornwall...

Duke of Cornwall: ❝Lest it see more, prevent it. Out, vile jelly! Where is thy lustre now?❞

Message 29 of 47
Latest reply

Glad you got your account sorted. Most aren't that lucky. Also glad to see you got rid of the watermarked photos. Something else I'd suggest is, increase your handling time to AT LEAST 3 days (mine handling time is 5 days), but still post same or next day. I am in rural NSW and if I bought one of your phone cases today, it's telling me I will receive it Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know that even with express post, it's unlikely to happen. I am reasonable, and I don't take a lot of notice of the ETA's in ads, but some are **bleep** about it and if it's not there by Wednesday, they are opening a dispute for non arrival.

Fattening out the handling time buys you time and fattens out the ETA. Instead of me getting disputes opened against me, I get messages saying how happy they are that the item arrived before the first ETA date.

I believe that you are still really keen to go ahead with this. Hang around the forums and get whatever help you need. We've all been there, done that, got the t-shirt, but made lots of mistakes in the early days. By asking here, you may be able to avoid some of those mistakes.

As I said yesterday, for goodness sakes, increase your prices! In the case of your cleaning gel, maybe add to the description on how to use it, and how long it lasts for before having to be thrown out.

Message 30 of 47
Latest reply