Account got suspended. Can someone advice me how to avoid this?

This ebay account I created on eBay.com. Now I'm in Australia and want to start selling on eBay.com.au. Even though my ebay account is 10 yers old and has good reputation as a buyer I only got 10 items per month limit or 5000 US dollars. 

Even I change my account location to Australia, my account limit value still shows in US dollars. So I tried creating a new account in ebay.com.au. For that new account, I received 100 item limit and 500 Australian dollar limit. As I wanted higher item limit than dollar value, I prefer this new account.

After I list a few items in my new Australian Ebay account, one buyer bought an item from me. After within 05 min of the purchase, I received an email saying my account is suspended. The email I reived had no exact reason mentioned for the suspension. 

here is some part of that letter.

After reviewing your eBay account, we've noted several concerns with your recent activity. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

While suspended, you won't be able to use eBay. Registering a new account may hinder any option to appeal to your account. If you would like to appeal this action, we need to verify your account information and your eBay activity directly with you.

01) I wonder why the account suspended as soon as someone purchased. The buyer was a new account opened in 2018 with one review. Did eBay suspect I use my own account to make the purchase?

02) I have used some photos send by my Alibaba supplier. They gave permission for that. Is this against eBay policy?

03) Can I continue to sell in Australia from my old account which was created on eBay.com? Or should I create a new account in eBay.com,au.   The selling limit is very lower in my old account than they allow in new Australian accounts. Even my account shows limit in US dollars.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Account got suspended. Can someone advice me how to avoid this?

I have done it on occasion. PO person was not happy. Which is ridiculous as that one was only an employee and I know for a fact that the owner wouldn't have tried to rip the customer off.

Message 41 of 47
Latest reply

@prime.gadgets wrote:

Thanks for the advice:-)

Since I'm new, I'm still testing everything on eBay. Can you give me any advice if you have experience in shipping items on a regular 1$ post?

Does Australia Post strict about their 5mm thickness. Do they really measure that at the post office or do they just take eye measurements?

As others have said, you can't post for $1. The best you can hope for is the phone case in a padded bag for $2. There is a seller on eBay that sells bulk padded bags of all sizes at really cheap prices. They are good quality.

With the cleaning stuff is $8.65-$8.95 depending on where you are posting to is what it's going to cost you, plus packaging.

My PO will look at a padded bag and if it looks iffy, they'll put it through the gauge. It has to slip through the gauge, not be pulled through. Some of my stuff will get away with a $1 stamp, but most are $2. If I'm not sure, I ask them to put it through the slot and add an extra stamp if needs be.

I made my own letter gauge to ensure mine don't go over 20mm. Once they go over 20mm, they are parcel rate. As Dave said, some thick cardboard, a ruler and Stanley knife. I actually made mine 19mm just to play it safe. 

Even if your phone cases come in at under 5mm, I still wouldn't post them in a regular envelope. If you do, they will go through the automatic mail sorter and get crushed. Being in a padded bag, they are hand sorted. They go as a large letter. Under 5mm at $1, between 5mm and 20mm, $2 if they are under 125g, including the packaging.

I can see you've added photos to the description of the cleaning gel. You need to make them a bit smaller because they go off the edge of the page. It could be hard for app users to see them. As time goes on, more and more people are using the app, so you have to make sure they get the most out of your ads. If it's too hard to look at, they go back and find someone else.

With your new ad for the shockproof iPhone covers, one of the photos in the description didn't take. It looks like an expired website address or something. I think it's the first picture. You also need to alter one sentence in your description. You have written, "you will definitely buy another cover from us when you see how thick and protective our iPhone cover". You probably should change it to ".........how thick and protective our iPhone covers are".

I like how you have an introductory offer giving an end date. It could be a good incentive for people to buy. I don't have an iPhone, otherwise I'd probably buy one!

Message 42 of 47
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful.

Can you send the link of that ebay seller who sells bulk padded bags?

Message 43 of 47
Latest reply

@prime.gadgets wrote:

Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful.

Can you send the link of that ebay seller who sells bulk padded bags?

I have used this seller before and have never had any problems

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/eb-packaging/m.html?item=333157874539&hash=item4d91c1bb6b%3Ag%3AzOcAAOSw...

Message 44 of 47
Latest reply

Yes, we've used them several times.

Padded envelopes are quite good quality and delivery is reasonably fast, even for us out in the country.
Message 45 of 47
Latest reply

Does padded bags qualify for 2$ stamp regular post?

Message 46 of 47
Latest reply

Depends on weight and thickness. 20mm and 125g.

This information is actually available on the AP website.

Message 47 of 47
Latest reply