Account hacked in to, ebay dont care!

mscaramello
Community Member

Yesterday I listed two expensive items with start prices of $500.  I bought them for approx $5000 each and they are bnib.

Last night I watched on my screen powerless as someone cancelled my bids, ended the listing, relisted them with buy it now prices and bought them all in the space of 3 minutes!!!

When I rang Ebay they said that it was not from their end and it had all come from my IP address.

This morning I rang the 'buyer' and told him that my account had been hacked and the items are not longer for sale.

He has left shocking feedback.

Ebay have not acted in any way.

Anyone had this problem?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Account hacked in to, ebay dont care!

when did the listing happen, when did the sale happen and when did the feedback happen??? 

Looks like they didn't even get a chance to pick the item up as the sale ended at 2300hr

I doubt anyone would let a pickup happen at midnight... 

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

It also looks like they did exactly the same thing to another seller if you look at the feedback left for another person. 

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

For somebody to do that they would have to have your password to access your account.  Can you still access your account yourself?  If yes, then you need immediately change your password, and I would strongly recommend to change all passwords -  PP, bank everything.  It sounds like you clicked on something you should not have.  

The only person who benefits is the person who bought those 2 items; werwe they one of the bidders?  By the way how high were the bids when the listing was changed?

If you cannot log into any of your accounts you have to report them as hijacked and eBay, PP, bank will freeze them until the passwords are changed.

Couple of years ago my eBay account was hijacked and ebay were very good, noticed before I did and sorted everything out in matter of hours.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

Have a look at the buyers feedback he left for others. SHOCKING to say the least. One even bordering RACIST.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

You need to call ebay again & speak to a supervisor.

For starters,that member has horrifying feedback ie leaves negs like candy & claims items faulty BUT doesn't seem to have even collected to start with & you're definitely not even close to being the 1st seller they've done this to :O:O

IF your account HAS been hacked,you need to change all of your passwords ASAP.You also need to find out if anyone in your home had access to your account last night if ebay is telling you it's your ISP.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

mscaramello
Community Member

Thanks for your replies.

One of my REAL bidders actually had bid higher than the hacker's dummy 'buy it now' price.

I can nto believe ebay's lack of concern.

I am the only one who knew my password.  I have not shared it with anyone so definitely IP hijacked.

I will never try and sell anything of any substantial value on ebay again.... they can not be trusted.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Call ebay again, point out to them that the items only "sold" last night  and then send them to look at the NEGs the buyer is leaving to sellers.  But that still does not explain how did the listing changed.  By the way do you use your phone to access your account?  Were you at your computer when the changes happened?  Does anybody else have access to your account? 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

mscaramello
Community Member

Does Ebay monitor these discussion boards guys?

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

I am the only one who knew my password.  I have not shared it with anyone so definitely IP hijacked.

But that has nothing to do with eBay. By the sound of it when eBay checked the changes were made from your computer.  

However, they should be able to cancel the transaction and you get your FVF back, and they will remove the NEGs if you go about it the right way.  Definitely, call again, but be calm and  they will help.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply