Account permentaly suspended but cant get any help/answers

Unsure where to turn for help with this one.

I have a main eBay account that I have had for almost 20 years now. Nothing special, mostly buying but some selling. I have 100% feedback and never any issue with my sales.

Created a 2nd eBay account to start selling virtual items from a game my son plays as I saw others selling the same on eBay. Did my research and found eBay allows more than 1 account and actually encourages it if selling items different to your main account. Also search that the items I wanted to sell were allowed and found that the items I wanted to sell could be sold on eBay with no issues.

Create new account, use my real details, verify my ID and bank (all details used are the same as my main account)

Create my listings make 23 sales (sell 55 items) and receive only positive feedback. Have a feedback rating of 15 (more but had return buyers)

I thought all was going well until I received a notification saying my account had been permanently suspended. Email below

We wanted to let you know that your eBay account has been permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk. We understand that this must be frustrating, but this decision was not made lightly and it’s important that we keep our marketplace safe for everyone. Learn more about how and why accounts can be suspended.

Here’s what you need to know

• You will no longer be able to use your account to buy or sell items and any new accounts you set up may also be suspended.
  • Any listings have been removed and they can be viewed below.
  • We’ve credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listings.
  • Any outstanding selling fees are due and will be charged to your payment method on file. If you’ve already opened any dispute claims for these fees, they won’t be charged until the claims have been resolved.

If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help.

Confused, I contacted support as suggested only to be told they cannot tell me why I was suspended. I request to speak with a supervisor and am told one will call me in 24hrs. I waited 24hrs and received no call. Contact support again and explain my situation and ask to speak with a supervisor only to have the operator hang up on me. 

I do a quick search and find this appears to be normal practice that they just hang up on you, call again get another person kind of happy to help until they read my file and they go cold stone. I ask to speak with a supervisor and am told one would get back to me in 48hrs.

Knowing this is a tactic they have used on me before I agree and proceed to make contact via email only to get an instant response, email below

Thanks for contacting us about the suspension notification we sent you.

We wanted to let you know that your eBay account has been permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk. We understand that this must be frustrating, but this decision was not made lightly and it’s important that we keep our marketplace safe for everyone. Learn more about how and why accounts can be suspended

You will no longer be able to use your account to buy or sell items and any new accounts you set up may also be suspended.

If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help. 

Regards,

eBay

I have tried 2 further times with email only to get the same instant response. Appears they have just black listed me.

Now I sold only a small number of items (total $450) and have a payout owing to me of about $330. All items sold were delivered and no one lodged any complaints. I had it set to take all fees before payout also.

How do I go about obtaining these funds?

My account says "Your payouts are currently on hold because your eBay account is suspended. You'll start getting paid again when your account is reinstated" but since my account is permanently suspended, I am not sure this "reinstated" stage will ever happen.

No one at eBay support will help, I have no idea what it was I did to get suspended nor will anyone even respond to any of my questions, even tho the base of every email the send me says "If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help."

Any help with where I should go from here? This experience has really left a very poor taste in my mouth, not the experience I expected from such a company. Unsure if it makes any difference but I am located in Australia

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Account permentaly suspended but cant get any help/answers

I attempted to speak with a supervisor on most of my calls, only to have them hang up on me etc.

Message 61 of 73
Latest reply

1) The question wasn't was whether its virtual, I asked you whether you are drop shipping as your are trading in 2 currencies
2) Okay what virtual game items are you selling, so game studios/platforms disallow this, that's why you might have such issues.

Message 62 of 73
Latest reply

@grantoboy wrote:

I will say I had a better experience with particular calls centers and extremely bad with others. I can only suggest you call early in the morning Australian time in the hopes you don't get the particular call center that appears to operate in the afternoon for us.

Yes, if you call early in the morning Australian time, you are more likely to get through to the call centre in Australia. Their eBay reps are usually much more helpful than the ones in the call centres overseas.

Message 63 of 73
Latest reply

That wasn't the real issue here. It's the fact that it goes nowhere after the promise of an escalation and response within 24-48 hours. Why bother saying this. As well as the fact that when you contact them for an update on the prior case the customer support  just start the process again until you give up.  I don't know many other companies that do this. 
But yeah the scripts are across many support and call centres.

Message 64 of 73
Latest reply

@penduick69 wrote:

That wasn't the real issue here. It's the fact that it goes nowhere after the promise of an escalation and response within 24-48 hours. Why bother saying this. As well as the fact that when you contact them for an update on the prior case the customer support  just start the process again until you give up.  I don't know many other companies that do this. 
But yeah the scripts are across many support and call centres.

My big 4 bank has still not responded to my 48 hour resolution,  that is the point,  it is not just an Ebay issue, it is a large corporation issue.

Message 65 of 73
Latest reply

Why even bring in another company - when the issue here is eBay.

Stick to the point.

Message 66 of 73
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Why even bring in another company - when the issue here is eBay.

Stick to the point.

LOL

Message 67 of 73
Latest reply

The difference is the eBay 48hrs never comes

Message 68 of 73
Latest reply

No difference - seems one of the big 4's 48 hours doesn't come either.

Message 69 of 73
Latest reply

toll_4
Community Member

Exactly the same is happening to us now and we suggested going to lawyer or accc and they said do it they owe us well over $400 and we can’t get anywhere with them 

Message 70 of 73
Latest reply