Advice for a newbie please

I am a relative newbie at selling on EBay.  I have started out just by listing stuff I or my kids don't want anymore. I have watched lots of YouTube videos about selling on Ebay. I have spent soooo much time on getting good photos with white backgrounds etc (the Ebay background remover isn't that helpful). I have tried to do SEO & done heaps of research for pricing my items. I have sold a couple of items over the last several months but most of my stuff isn't even getting any views. What am I doing wrong? 

With regards to white backgrounds, I have noticed a lot of product photos in Ebay stores don't use white backgrounds at all, so a bit confused about that advice.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

For what it's worth, I never use white backgrounds....I think it looks too 'stark'....and my photos take up much more of the space than yours. How are your pics so small in comparison to available space?

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Just now everyone's pics that I checked looked like that "so small in comparison to available space" Glitch?

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

Did you look at mine? 

Or did you look at non-stores only?

Forget that.....yours are small until I go into your store....off to check mine....

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Oh dear! How long has it been like that?

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, it's just not that easy selling on ebay. I find it helps to try different things, like putting items on sale, or promoting listings (even just 2%). Being willing to post worldwide gets me quite a few extra sales, and I rarely have a problem, it's pretty straightforward. 

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Shrugs shoulders, shakes head .....  Waiting for it to be fixed. Sigh.

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. My photos are 500x500 pixels. They don't look like they are smaller than the available space when I upload them.

Are my photos ok though? Ebay acceptable photos?

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Thanks but I am a bit reluctant to sell worldwide at this stage because of postage costs.

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

Everyone's pics look normal to me ... I think? Maybe in gallery view they look smaller ... not sure.

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply