After 10 years, my first Paypal chargeback

Buyer is claiming unauthorised purchase on an $8 item with $12 express postage on the 27th of October. He joined in September and has only 4 feedback.

Honestly, who would scam an $8 item? I think I'm being diddled.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: After 10 years, my first Paypal chargeback

It is possible that your 8$/12$ item is part of a bulk chargeback made across a certain credit card billing cycle. So every purchase made over a few days or weeks.

Not to say it may not be a "diddler", but can explain why such a small purchase is in a chargeback.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

I'm assuming he bought one of your plants? I bet he killed it due to not knowing how to care for it. Probably let it dry out. 

Will you be listing any more, or is it getting too hot to post them now? I love my carnivores and want to get some more :). They grow great in my climate (neps don't, but the ones you were selling do).

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

I will be selling some more - let me know what kind of carnivcores you are interested in and I'll try to include it in this weekend's listings.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Sarra's and the forked Sundews.

I had a few that didn't regrow after Winter this year which I wasn't real happy about. They went into Winter growth, then died off when the others started getting their Summer growth. Not sure what happened there.

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

I can hook you up with around 10 different kinds of Sarra and lots of hybrids, and forked sundews we have D. Binata. D. Binata T form, Tform Giant, Dichotoma Giant, Multifida. Also VFTs, some rare. A Cephalotus if you are really super nice. Thread leaf sundews, rosette sundews, pygmy sundews but no gemmae until winter for those.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I'll be sure to keep an eye out!

Bouncing_sheep.gif

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

@terroxyboy wrote:

Buyer is claiming unauthorised purchase on an $8 item with $12 express postage on the 27th of October. He joined in September and has only 4 feedback.

Honestly, who would scam an $8 item? I think I'm being diddled.

Some people will scam for $5, in fact lots of them...

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

This is the message I recieved:

Dear **********,

One of your buyers filed a chargeback with their credit card provider. The buyer stated that they didn't authorise this purchase.

Here are the details of this case:

etc etc

If you have any information to help us dispute this chargeback with the card provider, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Centre to provide it. Please respond within the next 10 days. If we don't receive any information from you within the required timeframe, we may not be able to dispute this chargeback.

For more information on selling safely, please click Security near the bottom of any PayPal page.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

So I assume it is a chargeback initiated by the buyer and not just by the bank due to an overdrawn card.

My next question: is I respond, does Paypal consider that to be me disputing the chargeback and will I be charged an extra $15 on top, or does that only apply to an escalation of a dispute further down the track? I'm looking around for the postage receipt so that I can confirm delivery, although I suspect that won't make much difference in the end.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Well that was painless. I responded to the dispute by stating that I had recieved no communication from the buyer, and that the delivery address for Paypal was the same address as registered with ebay. The dispute was resolved within minutes and my funds have been restored.

I'm off to block the scammer and think about what kind of feedback I want to leave.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply