After 10 years, my first Paypal chargeback

Buyer is claiming unauthorised purchase on an $8 item with $12 express postage on the 27th of October. He joined in September and has only 4 feedback.

Honestly, who would scam an $8 item? I think I'm being diddled.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: After 10 years, my first Paypal chargeback

Just make sure if the feedback is going to show your disgruntlement, to name the buyer in the comment, e.g "<username> buys and then initiates a chargeback on their credit card". That way we can all see who it is too and decide if we want to add them to our special party list as well.

Edited to add: Great news about getting your money back too by the way! A great result. Hopefully PayPal will recoup their money from this scammer.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: After 10 years, my first Paypal chargeback

Your lucky that you had a good outcome.

I have been dealing with a chargeback for the past few weeks. Unfortunately I lost simply due to the fact that the ebay postage labels do not stay live on the Aust. Post website for longer than two months. If Paypal can't see the delivery information online, then you lose.

Transaction in July, Chargeback instigated in November.

Australia Post sent me an email with POD, not good enough for Paypal. They now want a letter from Aust Post on their letterhead with Australia Post stamp on it to verify delivery. I have now been waiting for three weeks for this letter, I followup every three days and get told the same thing, they will email the back office.

Oh, and it is doesn't matter that the buyer has left feedback that they Loved the item and the fast shipping.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply