Alias names in Paypal registration...is this ok to do?

I have a new sus buyer...two sounding similar names registered with Paypal eg: won two & one too.

Only one name is registered with ebay. I found out only when he emailed me and signing of. I asked him which

name was he using today? He replied not my business.

He has purchased & paid for one item which was sent, no feedback left.

I sent using one of the names on paypal invoice.

Two weeks after... he started bidding on three more items and won.  He did email stating as soon as

third item won he would pay straight away. Four days later I opened a unpaid item dispute on the three items.

He has used bribery after leaving neg using the first purchase stating not received.

He has stated he will not be paying for three and has asked me to close the dispute and only then he will

drop his "not received " ( first purchase ) item dispute claim.

This guy was originally in the auto block trying to bid on two of my items as the buyers activity log shows.

I don't know as to how he got through to actually bidding.

I feel that this new member with only 16 fb and only joined ebay in first week of June is a scammer.

It did not matter which name I choose to send to....he would have claimed not received anyway.

My query is...Is it okay to have alias names?

Any thoughts or past experiences with this type of situation ?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Alias names in Paypal registration...is this ok to do?

Your buyer could be reported for false contact details, as real names and addresses need to be used for account information (if they only used the alias for the postage address, then it would be a different matter).

Depending on which block prevented them from bidding, they could have gotten around it (eg phone verification requirement, they can either get verified by phone, or confirm their identity by linking a PayPal account or putting a credit card on file).

If you have not done so already, but both IDs on your Blocked Bidder List - a member is not allowed to use other IDs to circumvent blocks, so if they did that at all, then they can be reported for that, as well. 

Personally, I would suggest phoning eBay and try to talk to someone who will fully understand the current situation - they will be able to look at the messages between you and the buyer, and may take action against their account(s).

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Call ebay and they can see the messages where he is stating he will close a not received dispute if you close not paid disputes and they will take action.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

He has one ebay ID,  one alias name with ebay.

Paypal: He has two sounding same names.  One name Eg:  Cat the other Ccatt as first

name and the same with the surname: Dog and the other Ddogg.

He is manually added to my special list with pleasure.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Suspicious newby joined ebay on 2 June and has 2 items 'euphorbiaplants' listings.

I only hope that one day he will experience non paying bidders like himself to

find out what us sellers have to go through.

Many losses, stress etc....

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I have closed the three UPI disputes and he now has three strikes. So sellers please...Have your blocks in place !!!!

As for the neg I have received for "INR" claim ...I have sent item via tracking. I am certain Paypal will close & ebay will remove the neg.....just a matter of time.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Have had problems with this same buyer, commits to buy, ignors invoices. After two weeks I had opened an unpaid dispute inturn receiving negative feedback. Why can they leave sellers negative feedback and us sellers cannot leave buyers negative feedback. Should be changed on ebay to let everyone know of these scum bags.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply