Am I able to get a refund ? ? ?

chet_vn
Community Member

Ok, this is a really frustrating situation. I've had like 25 e-mails and messages with eBay over the last 20 days and I start firmly believing that they simply lie.

Here's a summary of the case.

1. I am registered as a seller and operate on Ebay UK. The item in question was sold in South Africa. For some reason, I got response from Ebay Australia. Don't ask me why...
  2. Item was sold on October 6th. On October 28th, the buyer opened a non-received case.
  3. On November 8th, I asked eBay to step-in and resolve the case, because I wanted my money released. I was certain that they will do that, as I have shipped the item with tracking number and there was information that the item is waiting to be picked up by the buyer at the postal office. The same day (!!!) eBay closed the case in buyer's favor. No checks about the delivery status whatsoever.
  4. The same day I appealed. After a short, but intensive communication with the support team, the appeal was granted and I got a message that eBay will manually process a refund to me, and that it will take up to 10 business days.
  5. Up to today, there is no refund in my Paypal account. I have asked eBay many times what's going on, and every time they're saying more and more ridiculous explanation. The last one, from yesterday (November 28th) was that the refund was issued and processed, but, quote, "Paypal systems do not update themselves sometimes", so I should call Paypal and clear the things.
  6. Another weird thing is that thie item sold was in a parcel with two other items, i.e. three items sold by me to the same customer and shipped together. However, a case was opened just for one of them and refund was paid for one of them. Weird how two items in the same package were received, and the third one was not, isn't it?

It is quite clear, that they're taking us, the sellers, for brainless morons. All of these are simple lies and there is not such thing as "Seller protection". Being a seller, you are guilty by presumption! They're answering like robots, not like humans, and the chance of explaining the situation and really being helped is close to zero.

I am not a native speaker, so sorry if  there are typos. I am really frustrated and **bleep** off by eBay's lack of respect and questionable  "protection" policy.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Am I able to get a refund ? ? ?

Yes, I went through C&S, they are so helpful, received the refund within a couple weeks f days unlike eBay where you wait 25 days, then have to contact them only to be told you have to wait another 25 days!

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Senseless communication with eBay continues!

I managed to contact a "supervisor". Completely helpless. Continues the same line of ridiculous explanations, as "I should really see Glady and ask her about the transaction ID" or "it has been issued on November 11th, it should be in you Paypal". And then he just stopped responding.

Unbelievable how they treat us!

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Mission complete!

eBay has sent the refund!

Being persistent paid-off after all.

Thanks everyone.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply