Any way to complain to ebay?

Is there any formal avenue to make a complaint to ebay about their service? Most big companies usually seem to have some way of highlighting poor service, but I couldn't see it anywhere on the ebay site.

My own complaint is pretty trivial and not really relevant, but... I put up a listing a couple of months ago and as soon as it was listed I received an error message. The listing is up on my ebay system, but the photos don't show and it doesn't come up on any search using the title words. The system won't let me end the listing, so it's just a 'ghost' listing, doing nothing, but presumably counting to my 500/1000 free listings. I've contacted ebay something like 8 times to try to get them to remove it, and each time they tell me they have 'escalated' my request and it will be done asap. Bothing ever gets done. You'd think this would be pretty easy for them to fix. It's been escalated so many times it must be with the CEO by now!

As I said, the actual problem is no big deal, but I've now wasted so much time on emails to customer service that I'm determined to get it resolved. 

The quality of service provided by phone/email contact with ebay customer service is so variable that I would love to be able to highlight to them when it's bad. Does anybody know any effective way to do this?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Any way to complain to ebay?

Yep the scumbag treasurer just did, bloody Liberals. And the difference in tax rates for US based companies gets paid to the US tax office, for profits earned in Australia. But I guess they will try and make that a tax write off too.

Message 11 of 41
Latest reply

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed your replies! But it sounds like the answer is 'No'. I'm not surprised, their domplaints department would be pretty busy...

Message 13 of 41
Latest reply

You edited this post at least 3 times last night, over a period of several hrs.

A post cannot be edited after a few mins. I really wonder how you managed to do that? Are you a ebay staff who has superpower on the forum???

Message 14 of 41
Latest reply

There are no edited posts in this thread, including David's 2 line post, so I have no idea where you came up with that doozy. Yes, everyone here except for you is eBay staff and we have unimaginable powers. You wouldn't believe the superpowers we have. We even have powers to close accounts down of people who insinuate things on public discussion forums.

Would all the eBay staff on this forum please come forward and raise your hand. No-one is stepping forward? Funny that.

Message 15 of 41
Latest reply

yes i am a super mod, i even wear my underpants on the outside.

fear me.

oh, heres a book i read once,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/How-to-Be-a-Superhero-Save-the-World-in-Your-Own-Way-by-Jessica-C-Dehart-...

Message 16 of 41
Latest reply

Ahhhh, good morning my fearless leader! How is the general manager of eBay on this fine Saturday morning? All hail oh great one!

bowing.gif

Message 17 of 41
Latest reply

Fear you ??? For what???

Message 18 of 41
Latest reply

i have really bad breath?

Message 19 of 41
Latest reply

I'd be fearing him. He's the GM of eBay and has incredibly frightening superpowers. Everyone should fear the man who wears his undies on the outside. You'll just have to trust me on that one. I've seen first hand what he can do. Although he may be fearful of you with your vast experience on eBay. That's enough to scare anyone into submission.

Message 20 of 41
Latest reply