Any way to complain to ebay?

Is there any formal avenue to make a complaint to ebay about their service? Most big companies usually seem to have some way of highlighting poor service, but I couldn't see it anywhere on the ebay site.

My own complaint is pretty trivial and not really relevant, but... I put up a listing a couple of months ago and as soon as it was listed I received an error message. The listing is up on my ebay system, but the photos don't show and it doesn't come up on any search using the title words. The system won't let me end the listing, so it's just a 'ghost' listing, doing nothing, but presumably counting to my 500/1000 free listings. I've contacted ebay something like 8 times to try to get them to remove it, and each time they tell me they have 'escalated' my request and it will be done asap. Bothing ever gets done. You'd think this would be pretty easy for them to fix. It's been escalated so many times it must be with the CEO by now!

As I said, the actual problem is no big deal, but I've now wasted so much time on emails to customer service that I'm determined to get it resolved. 

The quality of service provided by phone/email contact with ebay customer service is so variable that I would love to be able to highlight to them when it's bad. Does anybody know any effective way to do this?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

cant help you with the where to make a complaint that will get listened to. 

but if your problems been 'escalated' to the CEO you will have to wait as he's in italy choosing colour of wheel nuts for his next company ferrari.

after that theres his usual 9 month winter/summer holiday.

after that he has 2 months of 'work free' days

then there is his 'quiet time. thats about 30 days. where he sits in a water filled coccoon 'thinking'

that usually leaves 1 day to fix your problem, but he gets a migrain and goes home for a rest.

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

As eBay are notoriously frustrating to contact with complaints it appears many sellers have resorted to venting their grievances on the eBay Facebook page (not that it will resolve your problem).

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

"Is there any formal avenue to make a complaint to ebay about their service? "  Of course there is.  Buy about 10 million shares in ebay and you will be given an Ebay Gold Card which will give you access to a range of privileges.   How hard is that!

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

I doubt it will do much good even if you can find someone to complain to.  eBAy's T&C, which you have to agree to when you sign up, have a clause that states they make no gurantee as to the performance of the website  and eBay are not responsible for any loss or damage arising from site glitches etc (in much more legalistic language of course).

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

yes,  you have to obey what they say you  (could )  complain about __ that's it,   been like that for long time __  you can not complain , just like ebay looks after the buyer more than the seller .

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

As a seller, you have no right on ebay. Scammers can threaten you, abuse you, ebay take money from your account and give it to scammers as they see fit even though it is against the basic facts and they say: it is our final decision!

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

Talk to your MP representing you in the parliament.. No matter which party wins this election in July, the tax problem of the large international companies will become a priority. The big companies take billions from Australia and has never paid their fair share of tax. They would be happy to talk with some insiders. I will make an appointment with my MP.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

didnt a certain treasurer just 2 weeks ago give 'big companys' a huge tax cut?

yep, they are really serious about big companys paying tax

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply