Anyone Else Having a Bad Weekend With No Sales

HI All

I am a long-term ebay member and have started selling on ebay again about 2 years ago and now have 1900+ active listing and I normally sell around 10 items per day and even more on the weekend... but for the past 48 hours there have been no sales... making me think ebay may have issues or something else going on...

Anyone super super slow with their sales.. or is it just me

Thx

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ezimedia wrote:

I think they turn my lights on in my store from 27 Sept to 8 oct .. did like $100-$300 per day and now I guess the energy ran out because for the past 3 days my sales have been under $20 ... eBay please tell me how to turn the lights back on in my sort.....you have got me baffled... I have changed prices.. and gone from postage to free.. what the hell

Sounds like you may be one of the accounts hit by ebays sales averaging system. It might pay to check your 30 day sales against your 90 day sales.  Is the 90 day figure VERY close to the 30 day figure x 3 ?. Mine regularly comes in at less than 2% variation  month on month. ( combined figure for both of my stores which are linked in ebays systems ).

If you are affected by this, it seems there is very little that you can do to increase sales. It wont matter if you dramatically increase listings, sell at a discount or refresh old listings, you will still sell the same average amount each month. If you sell a very expensive item, or have a run of good sales, sales will slow until you revert back to average. The only thing to watch is to keep some new listings or account activity going to maintain the sales figure you already achieve.

I,ve learned to live with it. The sales I achieve while not nearly as good as four years ago are still well worth the effort of selling on ebay. I can budget on a set sales figure each month with a reasonable degree of certianty and concentrate new listings on items which give me the highest profit margins, rather than bulk listing lower profit margin stock. I also accept that I cant grow my business on the site and have concentrated my efforts on another business I can control.

Like all things on ebay you need to work within the framework of the ebay system and adapt as best you can to system we have. In the case of regulated sales, this means concentrating on listing slower moving, high profit items and staying away from fast moving low margin items.

View solution in original post

Message 55 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Ebay are having huge amounts of issues, it would not surprise me if that has/is having an impact on many sales/sellers

Mine have been dead in the water for a long time, so I can't really comment from personal experience 

Message 2 of 85
Latest reply

ebay turn the lights off to some stores at times as this is a frequent occurrence where lots of sales will happen over some time and then it is like items are not visible for a few days before they start selling again.

Of course ebay will never admit there is a problem but it happens so much.

Message 3 of 85
Latest reply

That is what I was thinking too... like they just turn the store off whenever they like and turn it back on... so frustrating tho.

Message 4 of 85
Latest reply

It's very hard to have sales when I can't list anything.

ebay is still trying to charge me $1.65 for my FREE listings.

It has been going on for over 2 weeks, and I am so sick of it.

I just don't know what to do.

I have contacted ebay several times, but it makes no difference.

I don't have enough confidence to list and try and get a refund for fees, as others are still waiting for their refunds.

It is really stressful as I rely on ebay for part of my income. 

I also sell for other people who are desperately short of money.

I can't help them if ebay don't fix the problem soon.

Message 5 of 85
Latest reply

try listing this way: do everything as normal, but instead of 'listing now' click on 'save for later'.....wait a couple of minutes....go to 'complete draft'.....and it should be fee free with 3 x relists

Message 6 of 85
Latest reply

Or - another workaround is to open your saved Draft and if it is still trying to charge you a listing fee - go to the top right of your listing to Quick List ( or something like that) - this gave me the fee free listing + the extra 3 x free relists.

Message 7 of 85
Latest reply

I don't have a store, but I am experiencing the same thing - no sales at all this weekend. Normally weekends are my busiest times. My most recent sale was a single one last Thursday, another single last Wednesday and 9 sales last weekend.

Message 8 of 85
Latest reply

Nothing happening here for almost a week.  I have just about given up on eBay.

Message 9 of 85
Latest reply

According to eBay's weekly email, the items people are most looking at recently include:

Pizza ovens

Gym equipment

Phone protection accessories

Floor sofas

And... Socks which say F*** OFF (true!  And not censored in their email!)

Perhaps a subtle message to us small sellers who are failing here...

Message 10 of 85
Latest reply