Are selling promotions ever going to come back @ebayau?

dh_5346
Community Member

I’m referring to final value fee promotions like this: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/c2c-crm-ksa-1003043https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/c2c...

This whole year I have not gotten any I’m certain eBay hasn’t made any. They got rid of the gumtree promotion so there hasn’t been a decent promotion in months! Has eBay forgotten? Or are they cashing in with everyone’s FVFS that they don’t want to do promotions anymore? That being said, there seems to be more coupons for buying on eBay lately.

If only they would bring some selling promotions back 😞 Hopefully they will notice this, it would be greatly appreciated for them to do some, even if they’re small.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Are selling promotions ever going to come back @ebayau?

@dh_5346 wrote:

Or are they cashing in with everyone’s FVFS that they don’t want to do promotions anymore? That being said, there seems to be more coupons for buying on eBay lately.

With Managed Payments you get 250,000 free listings instead of 40, so that's a bonus for sellers.

Regarding FVF's, their percentage hasn't changed with the transfer to Managed Payments, so there's no extra money-grab there.

Giving the buyers discount coupons encourages them to buy from sellers - you wouldn't be suggesting they get rid of those and give the promotions to sellers instead would you ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I received a promotion a month or so ago for reduced selling fees for new listing over a set period of time.  It may have been in the car parts category only though.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

Yes those free no final value fee listings were great and a great gesture from ebay. Spring clean out and Christmas, 5 items with no final fees were great. I use to sell much more when they offered these, throw in a  few free bees encourages small time sellers to sell even more. Now I have to watch what I sell. Items of high value I sell elsewhere as the fees don't make it worth my while. So yeah, no free bees for 2 years already,

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I was only thinking of this today hence my coming here and searching. It's been ages since the no Final Value Fees or $1, $2 FVF when you sell promotions were on. Would be great if eBay could do it again to keep us interested.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I suppose unlimited no fee listings don't interest you.

I'm not a fan of fees, but I understand that eBay actually need to make money out of the site.

Funny, that.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I suppose unlimited no fee listings don't interest you.

With the old rules casual sellers got 30 free listings per month anyway. I have never listed more than 30 items P/M in the 5 years I've been selling casually anyway so having unlimited free listings means nothing to me and the old rules with a couple of free final fees were better, it was a good gesture from ebay.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

eBay wants sellers who come to the site every day to list and make them money. They don’t want people who only come once in a blue moon to make them a few dollars. They are a business, not a charity.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@shiver_me_shrimp wrote:

They don’t want people who only come once in a blue moon to make them a few dollars. 

I don't believe that for a second. My experience has been that they would be happy to take anybody's money for any amount of sales. We all pay the same fees (nearly) so any listings are a profit to them. The discussion was about free final value fee promotions that we use to get that do not happen anymore, not about ebay being a business and or a charity. We all pay the fees equally.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply