Aust Post suspended sending to certain countries - Feedback??

cremo1
Community Member

Hi there.

Just tried to post a parcel to Austria - NO GO.

Then the girl looked it up, apparently all postage to certain countries is suspended (lots of them)...

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus/coronavirus-international-u...

Example from the link above.:

AUSTRIA: 23 March 2020

Australia Post is no longer able to provide international delivery services to Austria and will no longer accept any items for delivery. This is due flight cancellations and/or border closures.

For items lodged before Monday 16 March 2020 we are making every effort to find alternative delivery methods.

Please note, Austria will no longer be performing signature on delivery for items delivered to Austria due to government restrictions.

The language barrier has been a challenge already with this buyer...

What happens if someone leaves bad feedback because of something that is totally out of your control due to this Virus stuff?

Thanks
Bruce

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Aust Post suspended sending to certain countries - Feedback??

I had to do two things before I shut out overseas buyer completely.

First I blocked all overseas countries in postage settings, then I removed overseas post options from all my listings.  Maybe the second procedure would be sufficient by itself, but if you want to be sure, this worked for me.

This should take you to 'Manage Posting Settings'

https://www.ebay.com.au/ship/prf

Near the bottom of the page is the option  'Exclude Postage Locations'   Click 'Edit'.

On the page that comes up, just  tick every box under 'International'

After doing that, I still had overseas buyers, and had to remove overseas post options from individual items. Fortunately you can do this in bulk (I can't remember if I could do this before I had a store, but I'll assume so.)

From your  'All Selling' page, tick the box at the top of your listings that selects all items, then click the 'edit' button.

On the subsequent page click 'Edit Fields', and select  'International Postage'.

Choose 'No International Postage'

After you've clicked 'submit',  it will remove whatever overseas postage specifications you have from any items.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

BTW, I think I remember why I had to go back and remove overseas postage from individual items. There is an option to apply settings to existing items, and there was a glitch in the system which produced an error message when I tried to do so. Hopefully this has been fixed.
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

https://www.melbourneairport.com.au/Passengers/Flights/Departures

AP might be accepting packages but not a lot of flights out from what I can tell, so be careful having too much O/s stuff in the pipeline.
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

@lupercal wrote:

I had to do two things before I shut out overseas buyer completely.

First I blocked all overseas countries in postage settings, then I removed overseas post options from all my listings.  Maybe the second procedure would be sufficient by itself, but if you want to be sure, this worked for me.

This should take you to 'Manage Posting Settings'

https://www.ebay.com.au/ship/prf

Near the bottom of the page is the option  'Exclude Postage Locations'   Click 'Edit'.

On the page that comes up, just  tick every box under 'International'

After doing that, I still had overseas buyers, and had to remove overseas post options from individual items. Fortunately you can do this in bulk (I can't remember if I could do this before I had a store, but I'll assume so.)

From your  'All Selling' page, tick the box at the top of your listings that selects all items, then click the 'edit' button.

On the subsequent page click 'Edit Fields', and select  'International Postage'.

Choose 'No International Postage'

After you've clicked 'submit',  it will remove whatever overseas postage specifications you have from any items.

I have also suspended international sales on my main selling account using the method highlighted above ( bulk edit ) but there is a sting in the tail. It only takes a few minutes to remove international post from your listings, but re-instateing it later ? 

If all of your items are different, its going to be a time consuming pain in the b*tt. You may have to edit each listing individually. what I plan to do is group similar items that I can search using key words in the title and bulk edit the international post on them. There will still be a large number that will need to be revised individually. With over 1000 listings on this account, its going to take several days to reinstate international postage.

I have left things as they are on my smaller selling accounts, cancelling sales with the reason " problem with buyers address " as I simply don't have the time to edit another 700 - 800 listings on top of the 1000 on the main account..

Like Lupercal, my Australian sales have increased slightly and this is helping to offset the loss of international sales, but with 30% of my sales normally going overseas, the local stuff has not completely covered the loss of international sales.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

cremo1
Community Member
All ended well, buyer was happy to cancel, so I did
He got refunded - Ive now added only selling to AU and USA - as US still ships as tight **bleep** $$.
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I don't usually post overseas, but last week someone from Norway asked me for a price to post a top there, and they were willing to pay. So all good, blah, blah...today I went to the post office, and Norway is also on the no-post list.

I apologised to the buyer, cancelled the sale citing a problem with the address, refunded them and relisted the item.
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

I have excluded international postage on my main account, but still have it as an option on my smaller selling id,s. Sent an item to the U.K. today and the PO advesed it will take a minimum of six weeks. Apparently a lot of mail is going by sea again as airlines have ceased flying.

AP must be rubbing its hands together at the moment. Charging full air mail price for international sea mail. Charging 10% more for letters but only offering half a service and taking forever to deliver all the extra parcels it is getting. 

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply