Austalia Post Question

Hoping someone can explain the label included on the package in the photo.

$2.20 was paid and it was within the "Large Letter" specifications (except not flexible), but has the "Untracked" label affixed.

Anyone know why ?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Austalia Post Question

Got one myself on Friday - same thing, it was a dvd sent for $2.20

I looked up Aust Post and find this:  Parcel Post Untracked
The Parcel Post Untracked labels are to assist in the sortation of parcels only and cannot be used to track the progress of a parcel throughout its delivery journey. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Austalia Post Question

$2.20 is for a large letter untracked, up to 125g.

Are you the sender or recipient, has the item been returned to sender or extra charges required to collect.

It would appear that  AP  have  deemed the item to be a parcel, but as we dont know what details are included in the code

it is a bit hard to say with certainty.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Austalia Post Question

@gutterpunkz05

I was the recipient and it was delivered as is, with no extra charges.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Austalia Post Question

Got one myself on Friday - same thing, it was a dvd sent for $2.20

I looked up Aust Post and find this:  Parcel Post Untracked
The Parcel Post Untracked labels are to assist in the sortation of parcels only and cannot be used to track the progress of a parcel throughout its delivery journey. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Austalia Post Question

These labels are now largely obsolete - the vast majority of parcels now have tracking included as standard, but several years ago it was an optional upgrade, and for a while there was a different type of contract sellers could have with AP (I think they've mostly phased it out in favour of eParcel and My Post, though). Those contracts were generally for very high volume sellers, and even when most packages were tracked, often it would still be a paid upgrade for sellers on these kinds of contracts, with a different variety of upgrades available, eg usually receipted delivery was the best option, rather than tracked / signature on delivery etc. Such labels were usually provided to these sellers. 

Parcel labels will now print with barcodes and QR codes for sorting purposes, so there's not much use for them, but there are quite a few sellers who put these on letters themselves, for their own reasons. (You can buy them on eBay, though they were always free from AP). 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply