Australia Post Express Network

Does anyone have a link to the express network postcodes for Australia Post? As in a pdf.

They seem to have changed the website around and all I can find and use is the postage calculator. I have been using express post quite regularly and they are mostly late.....

I now plan on going back through a heap of tracking number from the last few months and checking what was delivered on time. Each express satchel is worth about $10 so it is well worth it to get replacements.

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Australia Post Express Network

@247newdeals wrote:

I agree you should not and would not contact a high volume seller. Now if a high volume seller sent this they either made a mistake (being human we do that) or they know a certain amount want get to the destination but it is an amount they can right off. Still I can not see why this is in anyway the couriers fault they did the job they was paid for which was deliver the item to the depo 200k from you. The mistake was the sellers  so why does this make the courier unreliable? I will say again for me couriers do a far better job than AusPost and I would rather be sent an item by courier than AusPost any day.

If the seller sent a parcel with a courier that was addressed to the buyer at their home or work address and it was left at a depot 200km away then the courier has NOT done what they were paid to do.

I am very pleased that you are happy with couriers delivering your items but you are very much in the minority.....many buyers both in the city and in rural areas do not find them satisfactory at all for many reasons.   If the seller says they use AP then they should use AP and not take it upon themselves to decide what the buyer wants.

And I am a bit fed up with you insisting that I "don't like" two courier companies.  All I have said is that they are not the most reliable of companies....not just my personal opinion but industry opinion as well.

I am sorry about your dyslexia....I always thought that affected your spelling, not your understanding of what people are actually saying.

Message 41 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

I agree you should not and would not contact a high volume seller. Now if a high volume seller sent this they either made a mistake (being human we do that) or they know a certain amount want get to the destination but it is an amount they can right off. Still I can not see why this is in anyway the couriers fault they did the job they was paid for which was deliver the item to the depo 200k from you. The mistake was the sellers  so why does this make the courier unreliable? I will say again for me couriers do a far better job than AusPost and I would rather be sent an item by courier than AusPost any day.

If the seller sent a parcel with a courier that was addressed to the buyer at their home or work address and it was left at a depot 200km away then the courier has NOT done what they were paid to do.

I am very pleased that you are happy with couriers delivering your items but you are very much in the minority.....many buyers both in the city and in rural areas do not find them satisfactory at all for many reasons.   If the seller says they use AP then they should use AP and not take it upon themselves to decide what the buyer wants.

And I am a bit fed up with you insisting that I "don't like" two courier companies.  All I have said is that they are not the most reliable of companies....not just my personal opinion but industry opinion as well.

I am sorry about your dyslexia....I always thought that affected your spelling, not your understanding of what people are actually saying.

Well I have read the boards here for the last 3 months, not a very long time but long enough to get a feel for it, and I have seen a lot more people unhappy with AusPost than couriers that to me does not make AusPost unreliable it just means they do not suit everybodys needs I actaually think for the volume the process they do a pretty good job but there are things I would love for them to change especially sneaking in sticking a card in my letter box and runnig away leaving me to have to go to the PO. 

the reason I say you do not like 2 couriers is because I have seen you post the following at least half a dozen times in the short amount of time I have been here:

Fastways and Couriers Please have doubtful reputations on ebay and in the industry in general.  

While sellers may like using couriers, many buyers will avoid those sellers like the plague....couriers are not liked by a lot of buyers for many reasons.

or words meaning the same if they are that bad why are there not loads of posts on these forums? there is a few and the ones I have read are mainly from people who are rural.

Out of now Fastways I do not believe I have had any parcels delivered to me but it is possible as I do not see ever delivery van that comes. Couriers Please however I have had a fair few parcels from them and always in a very good time and they provide, to me, a way better service than AusPost.The stories I have read about bad couriers have mainly been seller error not the courier fulat at all.

Message 42 of 59
Latest reply

I live in Canberra.

I work from 8 until at least 5 weekdays and some time on Saturdays and Sundays.

There is no way any courier can deliver to me outside my working hours and ALL their depots are at least 20km from where I live.

My local PO is open 6-6 Mon-Fri and 8-12 weekends.

I do not consider I count as non-city, but you seem to.

I had some respect for you, but you have totally eroded it in this thread.

Message 43 of 59
Latest reply

The populations of the 5 mainland state capitals is around 13.4 million out of 24 million.

I would guess at least 25% of the residents of those capitals would not be conveniently near a courier depot.

So your catchment is less than half the population because you won't use AP.

Are you sure you aren't really Joe?

Message 44 of 59
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I live in Canberra.

There is no way any courier can deliver to me outside my working hours and ALL their depots are at least 20km from where I live.

well your lucky you do not live by me because my local PO closes at 5 and does not open at weekends so you would not get any parcels ever unless you did something simple like leave a note to leave the parcel at a neighbours (or a safe spot which couriers will do to) either you work something out or do not get parcels. I manage to get parcel from couriers while I am out with no problem however I can not get them from AusPost as they often card and run even when I am in.

Do not threat about the respect thing I really am not one of these people who need others to justify them I do not use forums looking for respect

Message 45 of 59
Latest reply

who is Joe pretty sure I am not but life is confusing sometimes maybe you should enlighten me to who I am

I never said I would not use AusPost as a mater of fact I do use them

Message 46 of 59
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Well I have read the boards here for the last 3 months, not a very long time but long enough to get a feel for it, and I have seen a lot more people unhappy with AusPost than couriers that to me does not make AusPost unreliable it just means they do not suit everybodys needs I actaually think for the volume the process they do a pretty good job but there are things I would love for them to change especially sneaking in sticking a card in my letter box and runnig away leaving me to have to go to the PO. 

the reason I say you do not like 2 couriers is because I have seen you post the following at least half a dozen times in the short amount of time I have been here:

Fastways and Couriers Please have doubtful reputations on ebay and in the industry in general.  

While sellers may like using couriers, many buyers will avoid those sellers like the plague....couriers are not liked by a lot of buyers for many reasons.

or words meaning the same if they are that bad why are there not loads of posts on these forums? there is a few and the ones I have read are mainly from people who are rural

You have been reading the boards for 3 months....I have been posting on the boards for 10 years.

The reason you see a lot more complaints about AP than about couriers is that AP is used by far more sellers than couriers are....and AP definitely carries a far larger volume of parcels.  Law of averages would tell you that there will be more complaints about AP.

As you say, I regularly post about the doubtful reputations of those couriers.  If you have only seen it about half a dozen times then you have missed many of my posts....and the many threads opened by members who have complaints about the companies or are just asking about reliable couriers in general.

If members who live in rural areas find couriers unsuitable for their needs does that mean that sellers should disregard all those potential buyers?   Many rural buyers rely on ebay as they do not have access to the sort of shopping that is available to us in the city and they will pay a premium to get the goods delivered to their home address....not to some depot 200km away.

Message 47 of 59
Latest reply

I live in a major regional centre but I try to avoid buying from sellers who use couriers mainly because I buy online for convenience and therefore don't expect or necessarily want the fastest and cheapest - I have a PO Box and just don't want to be tracking down courier deliveries (I work away from home for 4 days per week).

Until a couple of years ago we lived 4km out of town with a different postcode. Each time I purchased I had to make sure the seller didn't use couriers. More often than not those that did were using Fastway because it was cheaper. Fastway advised sellers that they delivered to my postcode. Well, they delivered to my postcode but never made any attempt to deliver to me. Instead parcels were dropped at a post office 40ms away - so they ended up at a post office anyway. Problem was it was not the post office 4kms up the road which was in a different postcode - apparently they only deliver to a post office within the same postcode. I don't believe they should have been taking the sellers' (or rather my) money when they had no intention of delivering.

Message 48 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

or words meaning the same if they are that bad why are there not loads of posts on these forums? there is a few and the ones I have read are mainly from people who are rural

You have been reading the boards for 3 months....I have been posting on the boards for 10 years.

The reason you see a lot more complaints about AP than about couriers is that AP is used by far more sellers than couriers are....and AP definitely carries a far larger volume of parcels.  Law of averages would tell you that there will be more complaints about AP.

As you say, I regularly post about the doubtful reputations of those couriers.  If you have only seen it about half a dozen times then you have missed many of my posts....and the many threads opened by members who have complaints about the companies or are just asking about reliable couriers in general.

If members who live in rural areas find couriers unsuitable for their needs does that mean that sellers should disregard all those potential buyers?   Many rural buyers rely on ebay as they do not have access to the sort of shopping that is available to us in the city and they will pay a premium to get the goods delivered to their home address....not to some depot 200km away.

I am sure you have posted about couriers a lot more than I have seen it you seem to get most posts about couriers.

Once again if a seller sends a package with a courier that will only deliver to their depo not got the extra 200km to get it to the buyers door this is the sellers fault for using the wrong service but as seller we have to try to keep the costs down so we will quote for what we can deliver to the majority of people for. If a seller had a premium courier as their main means of postage the costs would scare a lot of buyers away.

If I send a package to you and for whatever reason it does not get there I am responsible not whoever I sent it with. I get to make the choice who I use but at the end of the day if I get that wrong that is my fault no one else

Message 49 of 59
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

I live in Canberra.

well your lucky you do not live by me because my local PO closes at 5 and does not open at weekends so you would not get any parcels ever unless you did something simple like leave a note to leave the parcel at a neighbours (or a safe spot which couriers will do to) either you work something out or do not get parcels. I manage to get parcel from couriers while I am out with no problem however I can not get them from AusPost as they often card and run even when I am in.

Do not threat about the respect thing I really am not one of these people who need others to justify them I do not use forums looking for respect

It was an observation not a threat. As your business model precludes me from buying from you, it will have no impact on any commercial dealings we will not have. What it does is make me less likely to take your statements of fact as such unless I can independently verify them.

Message 50 of 59
Latest reply