Australia Post delaying items - 2 weeks for intrastate delivery?!?!

Is anyone else having problems with Australia Post lately? I am being inundated with "where's my CD?" messages from customers. Deliveries that used to arrive in a day or 2 are now taking 2 weeks or more, even in Victoria or metro Melbourne. Their standards dropping seemed to coincide with their price rises.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Australia Post delaying items - 2 weeks for intrastate delivery?!?!

My OH is a StarTrack contractor.

So far they are not getting rid of any contractors in his area but they are piling the work onto them.   Drivers normally deliver 60-70 parcels a day....now they are getting 90+....and it is not just a seasonal thing.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

I posted parcel from Perth Wa on 23rd Oct. It still not arrived eastern states.  ETA Aust post is 12th Nov!!! Useless.

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

@myrivercottage wrote:

I posted parcel from Perth Wa on 23rd Oct. It still not arrived eastern states.  ETA Aust post is 12th Nov!!! Useless.

12 month old thread, and your issue is not the issue this thread is about.

How do you know it hasn't hit the East? Often 'delivered' is the second or third scan, after 'lodged'.

Today is the 8th, so the ETA has yet to arrive. Mind you, I have never seen a Sunday ETA from AP.

It is 3000km and they use trucks!

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@myrivercottage wrote:

12 month old thread, and your issue is not the issue this thread is about.

How do you know it hasn't hit the East? Often 'delivered' is the second or third scan, after 'lodged'.

Today is the 8th, so the ETA has yet to arrive. Mind you, I have never seen a Sunday ETA from AP.

It is 3000km and they use trucks!

That sometimes catch on fire..............

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

As an ebay customer I'm glad I read this.  Although I expected delays due to the virus, I didn't think that something I paid for "Expresspost" would take 3 weeks to arrive, so I suspected the vendor/supplier was partly to blame.  Now I know its just Australia Post.  Although I appreciate they are probbaly seeing an explosion in deliveries, they should stop charging for services like Expresspost with guaranteed delivery times, if they can't meet that promise!!!

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

I,m not a big fan of the " You dragged up a 3 year old thread to tell us that " responses, but in this case it has some merit. There have been so many changes to AP over the last few years and now the CORONA virus, that anything that was said about AP several years ago is completely irrelevant now.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

Yes, I have the same problem. I don't see ebay are getting this msg clear enough through to customer.
Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

I,m not a big fan of the " You dragged up a 3 year old thread to tell us that " responses, but in this case it has some merit. There have been so many changes to AP over the last few years and now the CORONA virus, that anything that was said about AP several years ago is completely irrelevant now.

I'm not a fan either, particularly when said in a tone set to humiliate, however I'll let this one through lol Yes the changes in that time period would warrant starting a new and current topic 👍

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

I cant believe this service (or non service) from Aust Post. They continually blame it on the virus !

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

@pianoplayer88.88 wrote:

I cant believe this service (or non service) from Aust Post. They continually blame it on the virus !

And lets reopen a 5 year old thread to have a complaim.

Not sure if you noticed there is a world wide pandenmic,   but lets forget that

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply