Australia Post mail volumes - Would publishing this data help sellers and buyers ?

Sounding out sellers on an idea for Australia Post to publish their daily mail volumes.  I thought this could be a good indicator and help sellers explain to buyers why their parcels are being delayed.  A simple daily table on Australia Post's website for everyone to see.  Even a state breakdown of how many lodgements were made per day, how many parcels were in transit and how many were delivered.  Updated every 24 hours.

My guess is they already have that data analytics available, so just getting it published would not be too hard.  I don't see that data being over confidential which competitors could put to much advantage.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Australia Post mail volumes - Would publishing this data help sellers and buyers ?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I highly doubt they're going to publish their backlog, which is essentially what you're asking.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If buyers do not know by now, that there are massive mail delays/backlogs worldwide, then I do not see them taking any notice of data published by AP or anyone else.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Probably got enough on their plate atm. And they are not going to show what hasn't flowed out the door methinks.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply