Australia Post price rises

I learned today from postmaster that A.P. price rises are due on satchels & parcels, commencing soon....can't find any information atm...please post here if you know anything

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Australia Post price rises

Phew, had me a bit worried there. Thought I had completely missed my birthday 😲

Message 21 of 58
Latest reply

I have apologised. I had myself worried too. 

Message 22 of 58
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@merfar2107 wrote:

And it starts tomorrow!

Price changes effective 3 July 2023

On 3 July 2023, price changes will take effect for some Australia Post retail products and services, including Domestic and International Parcels, International and Business Letters/ Bulk Mail, Unaddressed Mail, Mail Hold and Redirection and photo ID services. 

https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/pricing-updates

Last time I checked its not July till it's July,  Tomorrow is the 2nd of June,  thats June

Ummm, no, today is the 2nd of June. Tomorrow is the 3rd. That's June, with an apostrophe. 

Message 23 of 58
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

Last time I checked its not July till it's July,  Tomorrow is the 2nd of June,  thats June

Ummm, no, today is the 2nd of June. Tomorrow is the 3rd. That's June, with an apostrophe. 

Good grief - you missed one. 😀

Message 24 of 58
Latest reply

IMG_2148.png
Soma small letter will now cost $8.55? That’s definitely more than a 10% increase 

Message 26 of 58
Latest reply

That price is for Pre-paid.

Message 27 of 58
Latest reply

And if they have less sales because of the price rise, I don't think they would be happy about that.

It's like any business, all the private post office owners have overheads. There expenses go up approx CPI which is around 7% just fot this year. Do the maths on $100,000 x 7%, that's a hell of an increase for any business owner. Throw in the fact that a lot less parcels will be sent in the next few years due to no-one having any money to spend and they've got a real problem to stay afloat.

Message 28 of 58
Latest reply

This I call a ' hell of an increase.

Australia Post considered scrapping controversial bonus payments to its executives last year, internal documents reveal, but the organisation’s board eventually decided they were needed to “incentivise” senior staff.

The discussion came after long-running criticism of the multimillion dollar scheme by senior government ministers, who wrote to the board raising concerns the incentives were out-of-step with community expectations.

Eight senior executives were collectively paid $4.45m in bonuses last financial year – more than $500,000 each – with another $24m in incentives paid to 362 non-executive staff, who already earned more than $235,000.

Message 29 of 58
Latest reply

That price is for REGISTERED prepaid.

Message 30 of 58
Latest reply