Australia Post system totally down

I have just returned from my post office at Glenreagh in New South Wales. I have a very efficient and kind post master who absolutely goes out of his way to ensure my ebay parcels are scanned and always provides a receipt. However yesterday the banking system went down and today the whole system is down.

I asked him whether it was just our area or other areas also affected, his reply is that the entire Australia Post system is inoperative and has been since early this morning. He is unable to scan or even bring up his programmes online......he will send my parcels  out but no scanning. Australia Post is desperately working on the problem.......he will let me know when the system is online. I have an overseas parcel that has to be scanned to get a label but as yet cannot be done.

Just thought I would post this online.......

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Australia Post system totally down

Cut and paste from ABC News:

"

ustralia Post's electronic payments system is down following weekend IT upgrades that triggered widespread problems.

An Australia Post spokeswoman told ABC News Online that the company's electronic payments system (such as EFTPOS and Bank at Post) is down.

The technical issues have also affected parcel tracking, some other online services and many of the company's internal IT operations such as email, however Australia Post said that mail and parcel deliveries are not affected.

The spokeswoman said "good progress" had been made towards fixing the glitches, however there was no information yet on when all the affected services would be back up and running.

She said Australia Post would let customers know via social media when its services are again fully functional.

Australia Post said a scheduled IT upgrade that took place over the weekend caused the outages.@

So there you have it.....

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

They broke it. What a dilemma.

I was in the Post Office yesterday around 11.30am, the EFTPOS was out then.. there was a big note on the external door advising people of this.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

EBay and Australia Post working together to provide prompt and secure parcel delivery service.

"Ebay Australia and Australia Post have improved the parcel handling service. The problem with EBay labels printing parcel weight as 22 kg is continuing to positively impact on the parcel delivery KPI (Key Performance Indicator) of total weight processed. Small parcel activity has significantly improved with less and less being carried.

The number of defects issued by EBay for INR has almost doubled since tracking by Australia Post was unsucessfully upgraded last weekend. This has resulted in a 45 percent increase in Top Sellers being downgraded to Above Average. A consequent increase in the number of small sellers leaving EBay is forecast.

A spokesman for Ebay stated that large sellers with contracted selling rates would not be affected by recent changes. Also, large stores will soon be issued with 10,000 free listings to offset any inconvenience caused. The usual 100 free listing issued on the first Thursday of the month for all sellers has been placed under review and may not proceed this coming month."

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

A spokesman for Ebay stated that large sellers with contracted selling rates would not be affected by recent changes. Also, large stores will soon be issued with 10,000 free listings to offset any inconvenience caused. The usual 100 free listing issued on the first Thursday of the month for all sellers has been placed under review and may not proceed this coming month."

?????????

Where did this info come from?     Is there a link?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

The eftpos was down nationwide on Monday due to AP changing over from CBA to Westpac. Obviously it's taking longer than expected for some areas. My husband posted my parcels this afternoon (Tues) and eftpos was working again at my local and I got tracking numbers for all of them.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

?????????

Where did this info come from?     Is there a link?

Here ya go Stalks.................

>>>>>link<<<<<

Spoiler
Goes with...............

>>>>>dot<<<<<<

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Poetic Licence - Just for fun.

Cannot believe all you read.

Message 8 of 8