Australia Post unreliable lately?

Hi,

I have had alot of item that are taking much longer than they should to get to people.

I keep getting contacted by buyers that they have not received their item. I post them on the same day or the day after. I give them a refund then they contact me a week or so later and tell me that they have just received their item.

Anyone else having this problem lately?

Myabe I'm juts having bad luck.

Thanks

Teri

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Australia Post unreliable lately?

Under my other ID, I had a tough bag letter rate, no tracking, take 5 weeks to get from QLD to NSW, would like to know what cruise ship it was on, of course parcel has been replaced, and received in a few days.

Now have you heard more than me, about letter rates rises in Sept, as

90% of my items are sent letter rate, . Is the normal service only going to rise in price, and the slow rate staying at 70c.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Yes that's right. Slow rate staying at 70c They are saying it will take an extra 2 days to deliver. If you want the same delivery times we have now, then you will pay $1.00 I guess that will be scaled up for larger letters. We will all be getting defects from Ebay when the deliveries get even slower.
Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Hi, yes I lodged a <500g ebay-auspot satchel Friday 18th sept inside at a

Brisbane post office counter and it is still sitting in Granville NSW when it

should have arrived for a birthday Friday 2 .10.2015. I have lodged a case

and also a formal complaint to head office.

So could you please tell me more about the OfficeWorks mail delivery system?

Yes as an ebay buyer and seller I'm find ing that in general all deliveries ahve been been delayed

by several working days. Does anyone know why AusPost wants to hold on to parcels any longer than

they need to?

thank you

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

try sendle they do satchels plus there are heaps of other services  but no others can do letters.

maybe aus post are cutting staff   maybe staff are under more presure, only people in the know could answere that question on why parcels get stuck there,   they seam to send items quiet fast but also send items quiet slowly, going on the posters here. 

I think you have to weigh it up  ,you cant beat letter deliveries as they hold the monopoly on it.

easy acess as there is a post office near by for most people.

but if you find items taking too long to get there then its up to you to get something else ,if its worth you maybe a bit more work or traveling.

but my pet hates ,i came home on thursday and what was in my driveway ,a card to pick up a parcel at the postoffice , and i have a locked letter box , they must od put it on top of the mail box ,and the wind blew it on to the driveway.

p s where ever you live you might be able to hear me tomorrow at the post office , yes i know its not there fault at the post office , but i will talk to the person in charge there anyway.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

try sendle they do satchels plus there are heaps of other services  but no others can do letters.

maybe aus post are cutting staff   maybe staff are under more presure, only people in the know could answere that question on why parcels get stuck there,   they seam to send items quiet fast but also send items quiet slowly, going on the posters here. 

I think you have to weigh it up  ,you cant beat letter deliveries as they hold the monopoly on it.

easy acess as there is a post office near by for most people.

but if you find items taking too long to get there then its up to you to get something else ,if its worth you maybe a bit more work or traveling.

but my pet hates ,i came home on thursday and what was in my driveway ,a card to pick up a parcel at the postoffice , and i have a locked letter box , they must od put it on top of the mail box ,and the wind blew it on to the driveway.

p s where ever you live you might be able to hear me tomorrow at the post office , yes i know its not there fault at the post office , but i will talk to the person in charge there anyway.

If my postie leaves a card for a small parcel, he puts it in the letterbox. If the delivery van leaves a card for a larger parcel, he leaves it stuck in the door. I have lost track of how many times my neighbours have brought cards in to me that they have found in their front yard from the wind blowing them out of the door. It leaves me wondering whether a few lost parcels were actually carded and the card has blown away somewhere. I have even put a sign next to my front door requesting that cards go in the letterbox. That sign gets ignored.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

we have had things sent back from the post office as we had not had cards, and we have a locked letter box and all.

but my biggest problem and this is why i cant stand aust post ,is i have to go to a shopping centre find a car spot and line up for ever just to get served it would not be that bad at a post office strip

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply