Australia post delivery dates Christmas holiday period

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet - info is from AP website. 

Australia Post Holiday trading & delivery

Here's when we'll be open and delivering during the Christmas and New Year break:

Thursday 22 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering. Last day for posting Express Post items for guaranteed* next-day delivery.

Friday 23 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Saturday 24 December: Post Offices open, no deliveries

Sunday 25 December - Christmas Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Monday 26 December - Boxing Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Tuesday 27 December - Boxing Day public holiday: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Wednesday 28 December - Australia Post authorised holiday: Post Offices open (selected only), no deliveries

Thursday 29 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Friday 30 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Saturday 31 December: Post Offices open, no deliveries

Sunday 1 January - New Year's Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Monday 2 January - New Year's Day public holiday: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Tuesday 3 January: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Australia post delivery dates Christmas holiday period

Australia post postage times? we wont have to worry about that..can you believe this? not a single sale in the so called busiest week of Christmas.. easily the worst year and not without trying hard to be a good seller = 100% rating competitve pricing..super fast postage (our items are usually in the mail same day)..something is terribly wrong..

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

@knewdoors wrote:

Australia post postage times? we wont have to worry about that..can you believe this? not a single sale in the so called busiest week of Christmas.. easily the worst year and not without trying hard to be a good seller = 100% rating competitve pricing..super fast postage (our items are usually in the mail same day)..something is terribly wrong..

I don't think we had any postage delivery at all in our area yesterday.Smiley Sad

Didn't see the postie anyway & nothing in the letter box.

This last week has been hectic in the shops I have to admit, but I am not surprised it might be a slow week for ebay sellers. I'd imagine the big weeks would have been 2-3 weeks ago? I would not have bought anything at all this week on ebay if I wanted to give it as a gift at Christmas. Even a great seller who promised same or next day postage couldn't set my mind at rest that the item would arrive on time, it would be touch & go. In the same way, I haven't shopped on any other online sites for gifts, not this last week.

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

forgot to mention "previous years"  re: items arriving or not before christmas..we had sales right up until xmas eve..things are nowhere near as good as they used to be..

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

This is an OLD POST from 2016.. .....

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

As the bumper was notified 8 days ago

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

Just been to my local shop/post office which is where we have to collect our mail and was informed that today is the post office public holiday. So no deliveries of mail.Strange as yesterday received message from Aus Post to say my parcel was to be collected today?

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

Today is the AP Picnic Day.  There will be no deliveries made to your letterbox by postmen but StarTrack and the AP Contractors are still delivering.

If your post office is open and your mail has been left there you should still be able to collect it.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply