Australia post delivery dates Christmas holiday period

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet - info is from AP website. 

Australia Post Holiday trading & delivery

Here's when we'll be open and delivering during the Christmas and New Year break:

Thursday 22 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering. Last day for posting Express Post items for guaranteed* next-day delivery.

Friday 23 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Saturday 24 December: Post Offices open, no deliveries

Sunday 25 December - Christmas Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Monday 26 December - Boxing Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Tuesday 27 December - Boxing Day public holiday: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Wednesday 28 December - Australia Post authorised holiday: Post Offices open (selected only), no deliveries

Thursday 29 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Friday 30 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Saturday 31 December: Post Offices open, no deliveries

Sunday 1 January - New Year's Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Monday 2 January - New Year's Day public holiday: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Tuesday 3 January: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

the post at the very top of this thread was from a previous year.. but if you look further down, i posted this years schedule directly from the australia post website. 

https://auspost.com.au/christmas#dates

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

@old-moo-55 wrote:

I don't know who posted this but if it was Australia Post they are not in Australia. In Australia in 2017 Christmas Day is Monday 25th December and this post still doesn't answer the question.... will they be delivering within Australia on Saturday 23rd December? Hmmm...?

old.moo.55

This is an old thread from 2016.....the new schedule for 2017 has been posted half way down the thread.

And yes, there will be deliveries on Saturday 23rd and if you are very lucky you may get a delivery on Sunday 24th as well.

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

Gee, sooooooo glad the mods took notice of both of us, Lyndal.

We both asked for this thread to be removed in it's entirety because of incorrect info                                                                                                                                       horror smiley.gif

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

Ah but Stalks surely you realise that removing or blocking threads is a really really hard thing to do, much harder than sitting at a computer desk and staring benevolently at the screen.....................

original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

Surely you mean "malevolently" Padi?

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

Well, I gotta be honest, Padi.   I wouldn't be working too hard @ $12 hour either Related image

Spoiler
  (I should have applied for the job - it's $12 more than I get paid right now)
Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Surely you mean "malevolently" Padi?

Depends who's staring at the screen lyndal..................true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

I lived in the UK until 2003 when I came to Australia.  Every Christmas is the same, postmen don't deliver on Christmas Eve, probably the busiest day in the UK, but here they don't deliver Saturdays, which means this Christmas we have NO DELIVERIES FOR 2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS.  What a joke, yet the garbage gets collected on Christmas Day.  Wake Up Australia Post!!!

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

Garbage doesn't get collected on Christmas day where I live. I had to put the bins out today.

Nearly everybody else (not me) gets Christmas day off work, why shouldn't garbos and posties. And I'm pretty sure, depending on when the AP holiday is, posties will deliver on Christmas Eve next year.

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

I live in suburban Sydney and we don't have a garbage collection on Christmas Day....never have.

As for weekend mail deliveries.....for many years we have had Saturday deliveries in December.  This year thy are going one better and doing deliveries on both Saturday and Sunday.

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply